Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options
  • 23-04-2016 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Gearbox has officially confirmed at a PAX East panel attended by Eurogamer that it will be developing its third Borderlands game (the Pre-Sequel was created by 2K Australia) after it wraps up production on Battleborn and its DLC.

"It's no secret, obviously there's going to be another Borderlands," Gearbox CEO and president Randy Pitchford said.

Battleborn art director Scott Kester said he will be the art director on Borderlands 3.

"We don't even know if we're going to call it that. We could call it Borderlands 4 for all we know," Pitchford added.

Gearbox chief creative champion Mikey Neumann, who also provides the voice of beloved mechanic Scooter, will be writing it.

More: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-22-gearbox-confirms-that-borderlands-3-will-be-its-next-game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ive grown tired of the format. I only got to the first boss in the pre-sequel before turning it off forever.

https://www.twitch.tv/pax/v/62187694 1 hour 18 minutes in this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This pleases me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Delighted they're making another.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't wait, though I imagine I'll have to as it doesn't sound like it'll be out any time soon. Tried to start replaying BL2 recently as a different character but I've just played through the story too many times at this stage that I just couldn't keep going with it.

Hope they find a way to shake up the formula a bit (unlike TPS) but still retain what's great about the series.

And no more Handsome Jack. I love the sonofab*tch, but he's literally been done to multiple deaths at this stage. Move on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This has started out on my "wait for the full game to be released with all it's additional content and pick it up for €20 in a Steam Sale 18 months after release" because I will want to play it, but I won't want to play it piecemeal and run into a "wall" of DLC/Season Pass stuff if I'm feeling the love and want to keep playing after completing a main story part.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I actually cannot wait for this to come out, claptrap and moxxi are just brilliant. I would like them to maybe add a feature in it to avoid you having to do the story 3 times over for each char.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cannot wait for this game either. I also do not know what all the criticism was for Borderlands the pre sequel, as that imo was a very enjoyable game.

I cannot wait for this game either. I also do not know what all the criticism was for Borderlands the pre sequel, as that imo was a very enjoyable game.

It was still an enjoyable game, but imo the maps were bland, enemy design was largely recycled too much, a lot of the humour fell flat and some of the new NPCs were more annoying than funny (F*ck you, Pickle!).

It did bring a lot of good new things to the table, particularly individual character responses, the Buttslam and Cryo all worked well. But it was just missing that bit of charm that BL2 had.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Scooper will be a new character at the game, and he will be a Scooter's son, right?

• Advertisement

Doodleking wrote: »
    Scooper will be a new character at the game, and he will be a Scooter's son, right?

I hope not. That "hick" humour was done to death in BL2 and I can't see it having any staying power

Hope to god Hammerlock doesn't have a significant presence either -_-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    I hope not. That "hick" humour was done to death in BL2 and I can't see it having any staying power

Hope to god Hammerlock doesn't have a significant presence either -_-

Leave poor hammerlock alone :(

Hey, did you know that Moxxi is sexy? Incredibly sexy. Sexiest sexy in the whole wide sexy. Boy she sure is sexy! - [what the writers of Borderlands think their audience thinks and wants more of]

I'd take Hammerlock and Ellie adopting Pickle over having Moxxi and all Moxxi-related euphemisms shoved down our throats in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As long as it has Tiny Tina, I'll be happy.

Penn wrote: »
    Hey, did you know that Moxxi is sexy? Incredibly sexy. Sexiest sexy in the whole wide sexy. Boy she sure is sexy! - [what the writers of Borderlands think their audience thinks and wants more of]

I'd take Hammerlock and Ellie adopting Pickle over having Moxxi and all Moxxi-related euphemisms shoved down our throats in the next game.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. I mean some people don't find Claptrap funny. I find around playthrough 12 I don't mind hearing repetitive Moxxi or Claptrap dialogue over Scooter or Hammerlock dialogue

Mr E wrote: »

Medium sized Tina

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. I mean some people don't find Claptrap funny. I find around playthrough 12 I don't mind hearing repetitive Moxxi or Claptrap dialogue over Scooter or Hammerlock dialogue

Oh absolutely. I just mean in terms of how prominent some characters are in the game/story, there are a few who are just overdone. Hell I love Handsome Jack, but they need to completely move past him for the next game and barely even reference him. He was basically the main villian in BL2, TPS and TFTB. He's done, move on. Same with Moxxi imo.

I wonder will the 6 BL2 playable characters be the quest giving / story arc NPCs in 3 same as the 4 from BL1 were in BL2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    This; omg so much this. I esp. love the Tiny Tina DLC (the DnD one).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

Medium sized Tina

this

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    This; omg so much this. I esp. love the Tiny Tina DLC (the DnD one).

Tiny tina - the worlds most dangerous 13 year old.......... BOOM...........

I love that intro :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of my friends had "Pop goes the bandit" as their message alert for ages :pac:

I'll play the hell out of a Borderlands 3 game I reckon, looking forward to it whenever it comes out.

Angron wrote: »
    One of my friends had "Pop goes the bandit" as their message alert for ages :pac:

I'll play the hell out of a Borderlands 3 game I reckon, looking forward to it whenever it comes out.

Well if you play the hell out of BL2 let us know cos theres a clan chat for it there with a good few active users.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well if you play the hell out of BL2 let us know cos theres a clan chat for it there with a good few active users.

I have played the hell out of it, but only have it on PC I'm afraid.

I have played the hell out of it, but only have it on PC I'm afraid.

Yeah I have it on PC but prefer it on the ps4 :)

I switched between Steve's "HEYOOO!" and Mister Torgue going "DING DING DING!" for ages :D

Given that my PC is out of commission, I may see if I can pick up BL2 cheap enough second hand somewhere. Never did finish the Hammerlock DLC...

Given that my PC is out of commission, I may see if I can pick up BL2 cheap enough second hand somewhere. Never did finish the Hammerlock DLC...

Ah man its only 23.99 in argos for the Borderlands Handsome Collection (*if you can find stock anywhere)

edit: they have stock in Longford :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved BL1, just brilliant. I played BL2 but stopped at a certain part, infiltrating a raider compound where there just seemed to be endless waves of enemies and just got a bit bored. Stopped playing and went back to it about a year later. Got to the exact same point and gave up. Is 2 more geared toward co-op. I usually just play solo, got through the 1st one fine on solo. I love the series though, some of the best characters in gaming and all this talk of 3 is making me want to give 2 another go.

• Advertisement

I didn't really find 2 to be more geared towards co-op, I got through it fairly easily on my solo Gunzerker run. Does get a lot harder alone on New Game++ though (they have a specific name for that mode, but I cannot remember what the heck it is).

Advertisement