Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I loved BL1, just brilliant. I played BL2 but stopped at a certain part, infiltrating a raider compound where there just seemed to be endless waves of enemies and just got a bit bored. Stopped playing and went back to it about a year later. Got to the exact same point and gave up. Is 2 more geared toward co-op. I usually just play solo, got through the 1st one fine on solo. I love the series though, some of the best characters in gaming and all this talk of 3 is making me want to give 2 another go.

TBH the only part of 2 thats geared towards co-op is when you unlock Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. I solo'd everything hand enough up to level 62 or 63 i think it was. I know the part your at, its a pain but sure get someone in to give a hand past that part then continue solo if you want. Are you on PS, Xbox or PC playing it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Angron wrote: »
    I didn't really find 2 to be more geared towards co-op, I got through it fairly easily on my solo Gunzerker run. Does get a lot harder alone on New Game++ though (they have a specific name for that mode, but I cannot remember what the heck it is).

Vault Hunter Mode - Normal Mode
    True Vault Hunter Mode - Slightly harder
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode - Dam it really is tough but rewarding :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's the one! Slag damage is almost a requirement for that mode.

That's the one! Slag damage is almost a requirement for that mode.

Yeah slag damage it crucial for it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Are you on PS, Xbox or PC playing it?

I'm on PS4. Very tempted to try again now. I remember thinking at the time 'ah maybe just need co-op more' and I think that might have put me off. As posted earlier, I see my local Argos has the handsome collection for 24 euro. Is the pre-sequel worth playing through? I heard it's not great.

Actually does the handsome collection include all the dlc for BL2?

• Advertisement

I'm on PS4. Very tempted to try again now. I remember thinking at the time 'ah maybe just need co-op more' and I think that might have put me off. As posted earlier, I see my local Argos has the handsome collection for 24 euro. Is the pre-sequel worth playing through? I heard it's not great.

Well it could have been down to your selection of weapons etc too that you couldnt really get past that part. It really is a complax game and does require a bit of knowledge in regards to exotic type weapons and all that.

Get it on the PS4 and join the Boards clan chat and there are roughly 15 of us after picking it up recently and play a good bit so we can help out on parts your stuck on etc :)

I havent played the pre-sequel yet, some people enjoyed it and others didnt but I will give it a bash in time.

Edit - Yes all DLC for BL2 is included in the handsome collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You know when you play a game that rips off Age of Empires 2 or Command and Conquer that your friend recommends as is like "Oh god, Empire Earth is just as good if not better" and afterwards you're just left feeling really jaded and disillusioned?

That's kind of the Pre-Sequel from what I played of it.

Go in with no expectations of it being anything more than a 6.5/10* and you might be pleasantly surprised

*Using rating numbers cause I'm retro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Out of interest, what character were you playing as? My main char was the Gunzerker which I think I got close to level cap, and then I had a Psycho, a Mechromancer, and a Soldier from doing co-op plays with a few of my friends.

I don't know much about the pre-Sequel, I know one of my friends was super disappointed about 2k Australia shutting down though. She'd gotten the season pass, they shut down before they'd released all the DLC they were supposed to so she wound up feeling a bit ripped off.

**** it gonna get the handsome collection, that's a serious amount of content for 24 quid! Thanks man yeah, I think I was keeping it very vanilla on the ol ammo side of things.

**** it gonna get the handsome collection, that's a serious amount of content for 24 quid! Thanks man yeah, I think I was keeping it very vanilla on the ol ammo side of things.

There's 21 of us in the Boards BL2 Chat if you do pick it up, let me know if you want me to add you to that, since several of us are running multiple characters at multiple levels

• Advertisement

Out of interest, what character were you playing as? My main char was the Gunzerker which I think I got close to level cap, and then I had a Psycho, a Mechromancer, and a Soldier from doing co-op plays with a few of my friends.

I only used Axton (Commando) all round but lacking special abilities. I love the turret he has.

Yeah, main reason I chose Salvador was I found the idea of dual wielding rocket launchers hilarious :pac: Also he got a perk called "Sexual Tyrannosaurus", I couldn't skip that.

I don't know much about the pre-Sequel, I know one of my friends was super disappointed about 2k Australia shutting down though. She'd gotten the season pass, they shut down before they'd released all the DLC they were supposed to so she wound up feeling a bit ripped off.

Season Pass was a pain alright for some people but with the content all included for 24 quid you cant really go wrong now.

Oh and we got BL2 as part of the PS+ games last year for ps3 too :)

Yeah I was the same until cormac there dropped by one day and duped me some sweet guns :D
    Cormac... wrote: »
    There's 21 of us in the Boards BL2 Chat if you do pick it up, let me know if you want me to add you to that, since several of us are running multiple characters at multiple levels

Yeah 21 at the moment I'm going to try get that number way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The pre sequel is a brilliant game. Very difficult boss fights at the end.

I do not know how you found Borderlands 2 hard but I will tell you what is hard though the sir hammerlocks big game hunt all the enemies were way stronger than me when I first played it, but I leveled up and got more powerful weapons and went back at it at a later time so glad I did as it was a good DLC.

I thought Sir Hammerlock was a bit mediocre really, easily my least liked of the main DLC packs. Best was (I thought) Bunkers and Badasses, I really loved that one.

The pre sequel is a brilliant game. Very difficult boss fights at the end.

I do not know how you found Borderlands 2 hard but I will tell you what is hard though the sir hammerlocks big game hunt all the enemies were way stronger than me when I first played it, but I leveled up and got more powerful weapons and went back at it at a later time so glad I did as it was a good DLC.

It might be a good DLC when compared to any other game (content wise), but imho it was the worst of the 4 DLC packs

Hammerlock and Tiny Tina DLC have enemies that can level up if you don't kill them fast meaning you can end up being like 3 levels under a Witchdocotor or Ork Captain

Games much easier in Co-Op through cause you can all support each other.

Axton Slags everything, Gunzerker Kills everything, Maya Generates Health, Gaige gives you shields and distracts people etc etc

I thought Sir Hammerlock was a bit mediocre really, easily my least liked of the main DLC packs. Best was (I thought) Bunkers and Badasses, I really loved that one.

I have this ordered :D

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/borderlands-gentleman-claptrap-limited-edition?

Cormac... wrote: »
    It might be a good DLC when compared to any other game (content wise), but imho it was the worst of the 4 DLC packs

Hammerlock and Tiny Tina DLC have enemies that can level up if you don't kill them fast meaning you can end up being like 3 levels under a Witchdocotor or Ork Captain

Games much easier in Co-Op through cause you can all support each other.

Axton Slags everything, Gunzerker Kills everything, Maya Generates Health, Gaige gives you shields and distracts people etc etc

And the psycho is a murdering nutjob when specc'd right haha

[/B]

Just don't do what I did, and take the perk that lets team mates damage you in return for more cooldown on your action skill. The jerks kept downing me outside of combat until I had to respec my perks to get rid of it :P

Just don't do what I did, and take the perk that lets team mates damage you in return for more cooldown on your action skill. The jerks kept downing me outside of combat until I had to respec my perks to get rid of it :P

Yeah a few of his perks are a bit mad like that, this is the build I kept true to for my psycho and its mental......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDrNU8Q2Has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tiny Tina & Mister Torgue's DLCs were both awesome. Captain Scarlett's was okay. Hammerlock's was weak (though I did like the main villian in it).
    I loved BL1, just brilliant. I played BL2 but stopped at a certain part, infiltrating a raider compound where there just seemed to be endless waves of enemies and just got a bit bored. Stopped playing and went back to it about a year later. Got to the exact same point and gave up. Is 2 more geared toward co-op. I usually just play solo, got through the 1st one fine on solo. I love the series though, some of the best characters in gaming and all this talk of 3 is making me want to give 2 another go.

I played through BL2 several times all solo. There are definitely numerous parts in the game where it's waves and waves of enemies to progress, but gun variety and enemy type keeps increasing the further you go on which helps keep things fresh enough. If you're going solo, I'd definitely recommend Salvador. Once you start levelling him up he's a beast and more fun to play as than Axton imo.

It's a great game in terms of gameplay, story and the never-ending hunt for new loot. And most of the DLC is well worth playing.

The Pre-Sequel has its flaws, and you may be tired of the game after playing through BL2+DLC, but even if you left it for a while and then played TPS, it's still a fun game.

Have it reserved in argos, picking it up later. Thanks to jonnycivic for argos info. I see it goes back to full price tomorrow.

Will give Salvador a go, try something different!

Penn wrote: »
    Tiny Tina & Mister Torgue's DLCs were both awesome. Captain Scarlett's was okay. Hammerlock's was weak (though I did like the main villian in it).

I played through BL2 several times all solo. There are definitely numerous parts in the game where it's waves and waves of enemies to progress, but gun variety and enemy type keeps increasing the further you go on which helps keep things fresh enough. If you're going solo, I'd definitely recommend Salvador. Once you start levelling him up he's a beast and more fun to play as than Axton imo.

It's a great game in terms of gameplay, story and the never-ending hunt for new loot. And most of the DLC is well worth playing.

The Pre-Sequel has its flaws, and you may be tired of the game after playing through BL2+DLC, but even if you left it for a while and then played TPS, it's still a fun game.

Yeah, I loved the Torgue one, mainly for the Torgue character :D

Have it reserved in argos, picking it up later. Thanks to jonnycivic for argos info. I see it goes back to full price tomorrow.

Will give Salvador a go, try something different!

No problem, I doubt it will go back to full price tho its been at that price for a few months now. I think they are just hoping to clear all stock of it now at this stage as they seem to be doing with a good few games.

Whats your PSN and we add you to the group chat?

Torque is brilliant, I enjoyed the story with grandma haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah it loses points for not really having unique enemies or gameplay changes like Tiny Tina's did, but Torgue just makes it so damn enjoyable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

[/B]

Is that Krieg you are referring to?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Is that Krieg you are referring to?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

yup

:cool:

I just loved playing Krieg in BL2. He's great fun :D

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    :cool:

I just loved playing Krieg in BL2. He's great fun :D

His random thoughts are brilliant....... NIPPLE SALAD!!!!! haha

Advertisement