Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm the conductor of the poop train!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Whats your PSN and we add you to the group chat?

sheehy83 - add me away good sir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Add me too please, haven't played for a while but have level 15 Axton and level 29 Wilhelm. Plus here is link for shift codes for borderlands 2
    http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key
    and Pre sequel http://orcz.com/Borderlands_Pre-Sequel:_Shift_Codes

Oh psn is Eoin_McLovin

Thanks for that Shift code link! I'm level 7 or 8 Gunzerker, just heading into Sanctuary. Once I get Sanctuary opened up, I'll see if anyone's around for some co-op. Finding some really good weapons already, not sure if it has to do with the Hunters Relic thing I started the game with or what.

Really enjoying it again but can anyone tell me can I cancel Gunzerking before it uses it all up? Sometimes I clear enemies and want to cancel it to reduce cooldown time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks for that Shift code link! I'm level 7 or 8 Gunzerker, just heading into Sanctuary. Once I get Sanctuary opened up, I'll see if anyone's around for some co-op. Finding some really good weapons already, not sure if it has to do with the Hunters Relic thing I started the game with or what.

Really enjoying it again but can anyone tell me can I cancel Gunzerking before it uses it all up? Sometimes I clear enemies and want to cancel it to reduce cooldown time.

Nah you can't cancel it, but it charges back up fairly quickly anyway and once you level up more there are some skill points that will help reduce the cooldown time anyway based on the amount of damage you do etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I will be on this evening if your up for a game, show you how to dupe weapons etc.

I will be on this evening if your up for a game, show you how to dupe weapons etc.

Cool yeah, not sure when I'll be on but most likely after 11pm. Gimme a shout if you see me on anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cool yeah, not sure when I'll be on but most likely after 11pm. Gimme a shout if you see me on anyway.

Ah after 11 is fine, a few of us might be on playing then :)

Sorry, got on a bit later and saw i was back at my old nemesis 'rescue roland from stronghold'. Wanted to give it another go solo......got through it on first go, didn't die once :pac: can't take all the credit though, i have an assault rifle that does explosive damage and then the bullets turn into grenades after hitting. That plus regenerating health and ammo, I'm a 1 man wrecking machine!

I should be on again tomorrow night, will give ya a shout.

Ps. Apologies for BL2 chat in this thread, must dig up the old one.

#1 on my wish list for BL3 is an unlimited bank for storing all my legendary items in, hate throwing them away to make room while I'm farming for drops with specific parts :D

• Advertisement

#1 on my wish list for BL3 is an unlimited bank for storing all my legendary items in, hate throwing them away to make room while I'm farming for drops with specific parts :D

Yeah its a pain, but I have a solution........ Create a second profile on your PS and use them as a mule for carrying just your items you want to keep. You can then co-op boost eridium etc and make as many chars as you need to hold everything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah its a pain, but I have a solution........ Create a second profile on your PS and use them as a mule for carrying just your items you want to keep. You can then co-op boost eridium etc and make as many chars as you need to hold everything :P

That works so long as you know when to stop... I have two mules. I'm not even sure what the 2nd mule is even storing for me at this stage. Unique blues maybe :o

Glico Man wrote: »
    That works so long as you know when to stop... I have two mules. I'm not even sure what the 2nd mule is even storing for me at this stage. Unique blues maybe :o

I fell into the not knowing when to stop category, dragged them with me split screen to get enough eridium for extra slots, even had them named , class, nade, shield, smg etc etc :o

Thinking about all my lovely loot now and knowing they've adjusted the drop rates up since I last played has me mighty tempted to go back for more :pac:

Glico Man wrote: »

I fell into the not knowing when to stop category, dragged them with me split screen to get enough eridium for extra slots, even had them named , class, nade, shield, smg etc etc :o

Thinking about all my lovely loot now and knowing they've adjusted the drop rates up since I last played has me mighty tempted to go back for more :pac:

Yeah I do farming of bar brawls with my mule so they gain eridium and torque tokens as I need them :)

Not Borderlands 3 news as such, this is a Tech Demo Randy did using UE4 the other day with some very borderlands assets. They did very purposely hide the characters face and were at pains to avoid building any BL3 hype. The lighting on the tarp looked really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hopefully this is Borderlands 3 they are working on it is one of my favourite game series.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-studio-teases-new-project-and-its-prob/1100-6453103/

Randy is a bigger ****ehawk than molyneux. He's been saying the art style also cost Borderlands in recent days saying the cell shading put people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Since Tales of the Borderlands is very unlikely to get a 2nd season, I'd really like for those characters to appear in BL3. It was a great cast, very well written and voice-acted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Randy is a bigger ****ehawk than molyneux. He's been saying the art style also cost Borderlands in recent days saying the cell shading put people off.
    What he said in the interview was that the art style chosen for the series put "a limit on Borderlands's potential audience"...
    "I knew it was putting a ceiling on us because there's—especially back then—there's just a huge percentage of the gaming audience that does not want a cartoon," he explained.

However he also said the style was "ultimately a better fit for Borderlands" and was "the right move".

I'd argue he's most certainly right in both instances and that the crap he's getting for the interview is simply because he's Pitchford. While it's impossible to know exactly how much the style has affected sales of the series, there are other high profile examples of a push back against "cartoony" graphics which were deemed to be not "mature" by audiences, remember Wind Waker? Hell, that's not to mention the focus testing 2K would have most definitely done when the decision was being made to gauge public reaction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To be honest, the style of Borderlands is a big part of the charm for me, I really like it because it didn't look like a lot of the other games around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Angron wrote: »
    To be honest, the style of Borderlands is a big part of the charm for me, I really like it because it didn't look like a lot of the other games around.

that and 87 Bazillion guns.
    More please!

Came across this on reddit web site is currently down but it was a piece on what MS/Xbox allegedly will have marketing rights to. Pince of salt needed maybe.

https://twitter.com/RectifyGaming/status/981600277261373440

Advertisement