Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso vouchers Query

Options
  • 23-04-2016 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I may have let the boat go out on this as it is nearly two months since I bought it but its worth asking.

At the end of February I bought a Nespresso Latissima Touch from Amazon Italy; I used the Italian store as it was €60 cheaper than UK. Arrived, no problems, fantastic machine, delighted with it, etc etc.

Nespresso online Ireland were doing a deal for €90 towards coffee spread over three orders. Type in your machines serial number on the Nespresso website and they pop €30 into your Nespresso account each time you order. That is great as well, no problems there.

When I bought the machine from Amazon Italy, Amazon sent me a further coupon code for €60 towards coffee. This redirected me to a specially set up Nespresso Italy website, where you filled in details, your address, and made an order. This was totally, totally separate to the regular Nespresso website and the €90-over-three-orders deal. I had a bit of trouble getting the address to recognize, but I managed to get the order through.

And then, nothing. No word from them. Long story short, I emailed the website (which is genuine by the way) and they said this was an Italy only offer, even though I had bought the unit from an Italian website. Long story short, I fought with them for a while, escalated to management but the outcome was the same. They could "Not facilitate my order" and are refusing to accept the coupon, full stop. I read a Google Translate of their entire T&C and nowhere did it say "you have to live in Italy to avail of this offer". But they wouldn't budge.

Is this an example of doubling up on coupons which generally isn't allowed, or do I have a case of some sort? The €90-in-three-orders deal was provided by Nespresso, but the €60-special-website deals was provided by Amazon.

Am I totally nuts here or are Nespresso Italy trying to pull the wool over my eyes? Am I entitled to use the second voucher or not? Do I bug them more or do I go after Amazon?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

That would suggest that you fraudulently claimed the Irish offer as thats for machines bought in Ireland.

It would be very rare to be able to claim 2 offers on a single machine purchase.

Edit
    #1 condition
    "cannot be used in conjunction with any other nespresso promotion or offer"

That closes your argument.

Advertisement