Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runner insole

Options
  • 23-04-2016 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have owned a pair of Asics Gel Pulse 5 runners for the last 2 years or so and they have done me proud, clocking up many kms, these are a size 9.5. I thought they were coming to the end of their life last November so bought a new pair, this time Asics GT-1000. They cost about €100 but were bought in quite a hurry. Anyway my old ones lasted longer than I thought so I have only just started to wear the new ones! Trouble is although again a size 9.5 they feel too big. Is it possible to get an insole to stop that sloppy feel at the toe end of the runner? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

First issue is you have 2 different structures of running shoes. Be careful wearing them in the gT1000 is a guidance shoe the Pulse is neutral - different biomechanical effects.

If you want you can buy a standard cut-to-shape odour eater type insole in a chemist which, when inserted into the shoe under the standard insole, will raise your foot in the shoe making it fit snugger.

Advertisement