Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 2l Passat oil pump problem

Options
  • 23-04-2016 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi

I got my 2008 2l Passat oil pump reconditioned last year, at a cost of € 900. I did about 22000km since then, was about to get it serviced. . . . . And now, oil pump gone again!!
    Garage who did the first repair is saying its my fault for not servicing it properly (and I shud have serviced it after 15000km)

Does anyone agree with this, or who's right/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

It will be an uphill struggle to get any good will if the car hasn't been serviced as per the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Regular servicing is every 15,000km so you went way over

Costly error can't fault the garage op.

Did it not warn you on the dash you needed a service?
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its your mistake in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

VW's long life service intervals allow up to 30,000km between services so it's a bit of a cop out from the garage IMO.

Do you know what the nature of the initial repair to the oil pump was?

The oil pumps themselves are not at all troublesome in these engines. It is the drive system for the pump that causes all of the issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭tcow

VW's long life service intervals allow up to 30,000km between services so.

Thanks for that glimmer of hope George. Does that apply to the 2008 2l passats?

Have not came across that anywhere.

Have you looked at your owners manual and service book?

Any info regarding my other question?

• Advertisement

Have you looked at your owners manual and service book?

Any info regarding my other question?

I'm not 100% sure George. The pump had to be"reconditioned" so I imagine it was the pump itself.

tcow wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure George. The pump had to be"reconditioned" so I imagine it was the pump itself.

That's a bit vague.

What were the symptoms of the failure? Both initially and this time round?

That's a bit vague.

What were the symptoms of the failure? Both initially and this time round?

I know,sorry.

Same symptoms both times, drivin away grand and easy, when the STOP light comes on and oil light flashin. Then towed to garage who said no oil pressure. Car is being ripped at the moment to see of its same problem,but there saying it most likely is

Advertisement