Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to close my account and transfer my balance, will I be charged?

Options
  • 23-04-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I want to close my BOI personal current account and transfer my balance to my UK bank account, will I be charged for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Tk123Tk wrote: »
    I want to close my BOI personal current account and transfer my balance to my UK bank account, will I be charged for this?
    Hi Tk123Tk,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you are abroad, you can close your account by sending a signed written instruction to your account holding branch via post. Contact details for your branch can be found here

If you have a remaining balance in your account, we can either send this to you by bank draft or by electronic transfer to an account of your choice (please ensure you provide the IBAN & BIC for this account)

If any charges are to be deducted from your account, your branch will advise you of this before it is closed. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement