Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre 18 months contract - Early Cease charge

Options
  • 23-04-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi. I signed for an  eFibre 18 months contract last 26April2015.
    the contract was 6months @ 30 Eur and then 45Eur  monthly.
    The 18months  commitment will expire on the 25th  of September.
    I am considering leaving the Country in July.
    I know that I could not 'freeze' the contract, so my option would be transfer it to a friend or to cease it prematurely.  How would the EarlyCancellation fee/penalty  be calculated in this case?
    I contacted Eir and I received two different answers:
     1)  0.65 E/day (with 150 Eur limit) 
     2)  My package price times the months left on the contract.

Which one is  correct ?
    my account number is 21090370 . 
    I have also been told that I need to return the modem to Eir (in case of early cease) , to avoid any extra charge for it  (60 Eur). Is that correct?

*** Simulation ***

Assuming I  cease the contract on 25 of June (3months/90 days prior the expected commitment cease), and I post you the modem, how much would be my final bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi. I signed for an  eFibre 18 months contract last 26April2015.
    the contract was 6months @ 30 Eur and then 45Eur  monthly.
    The 18months  commitment will expire on the 25th  of September.
    I am considering leaving the Country in July.
    I know that I could not 'freeze' the contract, so my option would be transfer it to a friend or to cease it prematurely.  How would the EarlyCancellation fee/penalty  be calculated in this case?
    I contacted Eir and I received two different answers:
     1)  0.65 E/day (with 150 Eur limit) 
     2)  My package price times the months left on the contract.

Which one is  correct ?
    my account number is 21090370 . 
    I have also been told that I need to return the modem to Eir (in case of early cease) , to avoid any extra charge for it  (60 Eur). Is that correct?

*** Simulation ***

Assuming I  cease the contract on 25 of June (3months/90 days prior the expected commitment cease), and I post you the modem, how much would be my final bill?
    Hi leandrolorenzi, 

I'm afraid these are the only options, the early cease charge is a standard fee of €150 for the eFibre service. 

The modem does have to be sent back or a fee of €59.99 will be billed. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement