Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Gatsby Notes.

Options
  • 23-04-2016 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I'm currently a fifth year student. Does anyone have any notes on the Great Gatsby in terms of vision and viewpoint etc for LC Higher English? Could really do with some help! Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rosalind151

I am doing it for LC too. Don't think there's any essays but I think this could be useful:

Money and social status and the desire to have these lead to tragedy (so Daisy causes a bunch of disasters for others and leads a fairly useless life, Myrtle dies, Gatsby dies - and they all were looking for money and social status).

You can also talk about how there was a change in the V+V: at first all this roaring 20s glamour seems amazing, but then we see the darker side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mich16J

Thank you for your help😃

Advertisement