Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KDB and Coutino out for Payet and Firmino I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

All so great on paper!:pac:

Was looking at other teams in my league and feeling smug at having 11. What a joke. Sakho sold for PVA last night. A week late 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

siblers wrote: »
    Are people gonna keep KDB? Can't see him starting at the weekend

Keeping because otherwise I'd need another wildcard with my current crew!

Sakho, Gabriel, Mensah more of a priority to get rid of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

lougal88 wrote:
    Sakho, Gabriel, Mensah more of a priority to get rid of.

I've the same plus Pelle, I've sold Sahko for PVA, I'll hold on Mensah and Gabriel till 37 as I need to replace Pelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Done Coleman to PVA as Seamus's value is dropping like mad.

Dunno what to do next tbh...will wait and see how Liverpool get on against Villareal before deciding on what, if anything, to do with Lovern and Firminio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Coutinho and Sakho out, Cresswell and Townsend in. Time to make some moves now..expecting a nice Townsend haul in the remaining gamss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Done Coleman to PVA as Seamus's value is dropping like mad.

Dunno what to do next tbh...will wait and see how Liverpool get on against Villareal before deciding on what, if anything, to do with Lovern and Firminio

Late in the season to worry about value pva in for van dijk here

Waste of an Arsenal spot though when two attackers against Villa in GW38 would be better

Was thinking the same but how do you predict who Wenger will start ? Makes it less appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

looking at having 7 for DGW + Ali, Kane, Sanchez and Aguero.

Tempted by Hazard/Fab and Struidge, but will the chelsea lads turn up and will Sturidge start both games hard to know.

Origi to Defore for this week seems logical choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sakho.
    KDB.
    Gabriel.
    Coutinho.
    Add
    Fosu Mensah.

Mignolet.
    Delaney.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is shipping Mignolet not a huge luxury??

Has a DGW ahead and not a certainty he'll be rested again.

With other popular gw32 and 33 wildcard defenders dropping like (druged up) flies surely he's a hold.

FHFC wrote: »

With other popular gw32 and 33 wildcard defenders dropping like (druged up) flies surely he's a hold.
    Well if I'm to take a 20 pts hit, let's rise it to 24 just for the fun of it :pac:...

More seriously, Mignolet may allow me some cash elsewhere... It depends on Chelsea, e.g. if Hazard becomes a real decent option for 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

iroced wrote: »
    Add
    Fosu Mensah.

Mignolet.
    Delaney.

:pac:

Oh I have Delaney too but he might actually play next week, no guarantee he won't get another OG though :o

I'm gonna keep Delaney and pray that he starts, he most likely will and then I'll get rid of him in 37. Hate doing -4 for defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »

Absolutely.

People are over reacting to Klopps rotation. The team v Newcastle was full strength except for Coutinho (Clyne was due to start but was ill). There will probably be rotation in GW36, but I could see Mignolet playing both games in DGW37.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cressweel & Carroll in for Sahko & Wellbeck so far.
    Might try get some Chelsea cover in for the dgw too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

Gabriel and KdeB not featuring puts them on the chopping block.

Gab can just sit on the bench.

KdeB is tricker. Already have Payet, Sanchez, Alli and Townsend.

Contenders:
    Mahrez - back on form, but zero differential value
    Firmino/Coutinho - Rotation risk, but with Liverpools injuries to Can and Origi he might be ok
    Hazard - Hasn't worked yet this season but I think he needs to play himself into Belguims team.

Benimar wrote: »
    Absolutely.

People are over reacting to Klopps rotation. The team v Newcastle was full strength except for Coutinho (Clyne was due to start but was ill). There will probably be rotation in GW36, but I could see Mignolet playing both games in DGW37.
    Mignolet got 1 point home to Newcastle.
    Mannone got more pts in 1 game during the DGW even if you add Mig & Ward scores.
    Mannone frees £0.6m cash. If I need it elsewhere I won't hesitate.

Now, he's no priority of course. And in a way I could trust Robles to outscore him as he did in 34 (I know they were even but the latter's cheaper so he wins out).

But when half your team is out, the word priority loses its meaning :pac:....

sword1 wrote: »
    Late in the season to worry about value pva in for van dijk here

Don't worry - I've long since stopped caring about team value...it was more to free up funds to invest elsewhere.

Have mo idea what to do next - front 8 is solid imho (Sanchez, Iwobi, Firminio, Lanzini, Alli, Kane, Sturridge and Aguero) so might shake up defence a bit more with the DGW coming up...Gabriel to Cresswell maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mannone got more pts in 1 game during the DGW even if you add Mig & Ward scores.

Now, he's no priority of course. And in a way I could trust Robles to outscore him as he did in 34 (I know they were even but the latter's cheaper so he wins out).

No he didn't - 6 points each :D

I don't think you can just take a 'random' game like that and say Mannone is 'better' than 'Mignolet, if that was the case I could argue Leonardo Ulloa is better than Messi as he scored more this weekend!

Mignolet has WAT/CHE in GW37 and Mannone has CHE/EVE, so hardly warrants a transfer if your team has similar problems to some of the rest of us. Certainly Gabriel, Sakho and Mitrovic are much higher priority for me than replacing a keeper with a DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

you have 2 dgw keepers mig and robles. The last thing you should be thinking about is a keeper transfer especially as you dont have BB to use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

I'm probably going to do Aguero to Rooney

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Why would you take out the best striker in the league for someone that has been playing in midfield

Cartman78 wrote: »

Have mo idea what to do next - front 8 is solid imho (Sanchez, Iwobi, Firminio, Lanzini, Alli, Kane, Sturridge and Aguero) so might shake up defence a bit more with the DGW coming up...Gabriel to Cresswell maybe.

Edit: had a quick look there - if I switch DDG for Robles, that frees up more funds to get Payet in for Iwobi,leaving me with potentially 7 DGW players. Still have three Liverpool though so not exactly nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Don't
    Just don't

Benimar wrote: »
    No he didn't - 6 points each :D

I don't think you can just take a 'random' game like that and say Mannone is 'better' than 'Mignolet, if that was the case I could argue Leonardo Ulloa is better than Messi as he scored more this weekend!

Mignolet has WAT/CHE in GW37 and Mannone has CHE/EVE, so hardly warrants a transfer if your team has similar problems to some of the rest of us. Certainly Gabriel, Sakho and Mitrovic are much higher priority for me than replacing a keeper with a DGW.
    you have 2 dgw keepers mig and robles. The last thing you should be thinking about is a keeper transfer especially as you dont have BB to use.
    There was a bit of irony in my post. A bit of disillusion too... Had I rage transfered Mig out for Mannone last Sunday (after Mannone show and Mig rest), I'd be 6 pts better off from making an absolute insane and nonsensical move :rolleyes:. Every sensical move I made lately has backfired. So, the erudite mathematician in you must give credit to a reductio ad absurdum argumenting :p.

Seriously though, Mignolet may free up some potentially needed cash. I lost a lot of cash flexibility by going all in for 34 and getting back Alli, Kane, Mahrez this GW. I planned it. But I did not plan the rotation/suspension disaster.
    What are my options now? Play safe to finish in top 50k mediocrity? Or try a late push in 37? If Hazard becomes a real decent differential, I'll struggle to fit him in. Hence the potential cash saved on Mig. Up to £1.2m if I back Robles for 37 and get £3.7m Schwarzer in as an enabler. If you want my honest opinion, under normal circumstances I'd be quoting my own post as insane planning. But again, it's the 5th GW in a row that what I believed to be a decent, thought and sane plan did not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Gabriel to PVA, which I imagine will be a popular transfer this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gabriel to Monreal

Mitrovic to Rashford or Ighalo (maybe)

and\or

KDB or Coutinho to Payet

Team attached... if anyone cares to give better suggestions! Will have to take at least a -4

It looks like I now have 14 players regularly playing. Gabriel needs to go as I need 15 for my gw 37 BB. I may hold this week to give me 2 transfers in 37. Ill then probably make 4 transfers in gw37 for a -8. Selling hennessey for a dgw keeper, gabriel for smalling, ake or daniels to pva and ozil for payet. Alternatively I could do gab to pva or smalling this week. As my back 3 is currently ake home to villa, dier away at chelsea, morgan away at utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nalz wrote: »
    Gabriel to Monreal

Mitrovic to Rashford or Ighalo (maybe)

and\or

KDB or Coutinho to Payet

Team attached... if anyone cares to give better suggestions! Will have to take at least a -4
    You've 4 playing defenders for the last 3 weeks, no need to take a -4 to get in a 5th IMO. Gabriel may get back in the team also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have my wildcard to use this week.

What are peoples thoughts on this? All suggestions on changes welcome.

I'm intending to keep Sanchez and Bellerin due to two nice fixtures for Arsenal in gameweeks 36 and 38. I realise i risk getting very little out of them in gw37.

Edit to add: I will be using my bench boost in gw37.
    wildcard.jpg

I'd get mannone for robles. Alli for barkley. Smalling for prodl. I wouldn't get sturridge if he starts on Thursday. I'd chance Deeney or ighalo. With saved money upgrade Brady. I'm bb in 37 it's no issue the 2 arsenal lads most other people will be starting Sanchez and an arsenal Def anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ohmplate

I wouldn't touch Everton unless Martinez gets sacked. The players are done with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

A Watford striker (probably Deeney) is a move I'm considering, but the FA Cup exit and ludicrous pressure on QSF could mean their remaining matches are a toss up between strong end of season finish or damp squib. Although with Villa next, you'd have to back them to do well there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seeing how well Giroud worked out for you....

A Watford striker (probably Deeney) is a move I'm considering, but the FA Cup exit and ludicrous pressure on QSF could mean their remaining matches are a toss up between strong end of season finish or damp squib. Although with Villa next, you'd have to back them to do well there

Watford have been very poor in recent games, they were extremely poor going forward against Palace . Think it's a bit of a gamble going with Deeney even with a double and favourable fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone looking at valencia for united?

Watford have been very poor in recent games, they were extremely poor going forward against Palace . Think it's a bit of a gamble going with Deeney even with a double and favourable fixtures.
    Yeah, they haven't been much of an attacking force all season. Even when Ighalo was on his hot streak he had close to 100% goal involvement. I think Deeney could get a brace this weekend and then they have Liverpool right after Europa 2nd leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone looking at valencia for united?

A midfielder playing as a defender and his place is far from guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A midfielder playing as a defender and his place is far from guaranteed.

He's listed as a defender in FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wow.

Maybe that's where my season went wrong... :D

Yeah, they haven't been much of an attacking force all season. Even when Ighalo was on his hot streak he had close to 100% goal involvement. I think Deeney could get a brace this weekend and then they have Liverpool right after Europa 2nd leg

You're making an interesting case for Deeney, I need something punty at this stage to turn things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

You're making an interesting case for Deeney, I need something punty at this stage to turn things around.

I brought in long last week purely and simply cos they were playing villa
    May switch him for deeney/ighalo this week

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Thoughts/help? Currently on WC with a view to BB in GW37 but don't want the DGW to distract too much (currently 24k)
    Have value tied up in the cheap but reliables so will most likely keep them as still performing.

Screen_Shot_2016_04_25_at_15_43_53.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yep. Listed as a defender. Good for the ol assists, crosses etc up and down the wing. He's back from a long term injury and seems to be in the VG's first 11 (for now anyway!!) ... 20 points in his first 2 games back, 2 clean sheets, 1 assist and 5 bonus pts. How long he stays in the first 11 is anyone's guess though.

• Advertisement

For all of you considering a Watford striker for 37, what's gonna be your strikeforce?
    1. Aguero, Kane & your Watford guy?
    2. Or will you sacrifice one of Aguero/Kane?... in spite of DGW34 showing that in form strikers having something at stake are better than most DGW options.
    If you keep Aguero & Kane, aren't Carroll (Swansea & United at home & European finish at stake) or Defoe (Chelsea & Everton at home and relegation battle ongoing) better options than Watford strikers ('Pool & Norwich away and nothing to play for). Or is it just Villa at home in 36 that edges it?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Watford haven't won a game since GW25. Deeney recently missed a penalty and Ighalo (who i had until gw 28) hasn't scored since GW23 (against NEWC Jan 23rd). They have hit 40+ points, i just cant see how or why Watford will get fired up for anything, what am i missing?

Defoe/Carroll seem better "punty" options and sacrificing a performing Kane or Aguero seems madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

For all of you considering a Watford striker for 37, what's gonna be your strikeforce?
    1. Aguero, Kane & your Watford guy?
    2. Or will you sacrifice one of Aguero/Kane?... in spite of DGW34 showing that in form strikers having something at stake are better than most DGW options.
    If you keep Aguero & Kane, aren't Carroll (Swansea & United at home & European finish at stake) or Defoe (Chelsea & Everton at home and relegation battle ongoing) better options than Watford strikers ('Pool & Norwich away and nothing to play for). Or is it just Villa at home in 36 that edges it?

Those 3 fixtures for defoe are very tasty - stoke, EVE and CHE. All 3 of them are leaking goals at the moment. I would have no confidence in Watford even against Villa but Carroll is a another good option.

I'm keeping faith with lukaku

[ul]
    [li]Aguero, Kane & your Watford guy? [/li]
    [li]Or will you sacrifice one of Aguero/Kane?... in spite of DGW34 showing that in form strikers having something at stake are better than most DGW options.[/li]
    [/ul]
    Aguero, Kane, and DGW striker. Getting rid of Martial this week unless something comes up for Defoe or Watford striker. Defoe seems the obvious option to me, lots to play for, proven PL goal record, looking dangerous when I've watched last two matches. Just the thought of Villa and Watford and Flores wanting to end season strongly with no distractions now.
    Watford haven't won a game since GW25. Deeney recently missed a penalty and Ighalo (who i had until gw 28) hasn't scored since GW23 (against NEWC Jan 23rd). They have hit 40+ points, i just cant see how or why Watford will get fired up for anything, what am i missing?

Defoe/Carroll seem better "punty" options and sacrificing a performing Kane or Aguero seems madness?

The Italian owners are unhappy with Watford's recent league form and there's a good amount of money on offer for finishing as high in the league as possible. Watford are 12th with two points separating 11th from 16th.
    I already have three West Ham (Payet, Lanzini, Cresswell)

• Advertisement
Advertisement