Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

km79 wrote: »
    I brought in long last week purely and simply cos they were playing villa
    May switch him for deeney/ighalo this week

I went with Pelle :pac: Everton are home to Bournemouth, Bournemouth have been awful recently and Everton did show signs of life against Utd on Saturday, think I may go with Lukaku :o
    For all of you considering a Watford striker for 37, what's gonna be your strikeforce?
    Aguero, Kane & your Watford guy?
    Or will you sacrifice one of Aguero/Kane?... in spite of DGW34 showing that in form strikers having something at stake are better than most DGW options.
    If you keep Aguero & Kane, aren't Carroll (Swansea & United at home & European finish at stake) or Defoe (Chelsea & Everton at home and relegation battle ongoing) better options than Watford strikers ('Pool & Norwich away and nothing to play for). Or is it just Villa at home in 36 that edges it?
    Possibly Lukaku, Defore and Carroll then bring back in Aguero for 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm keeping faith with lukaku

There is always one oddball.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

It's like an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Skangery looking eejit on the couch, eyebrow pierced, burberry hat on backwards. "SERIAL WOMANISER -Has 4 kids with 5 other women" flashes on the bottom of the screen.

Nervous looking woman beside him saying "but he loves me, so I'm going to stick with him"

Lukaku is the skanger, in case I made it confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Aenaes wrote: »
    It's like an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Skangery looking eejit on the couch, eyebrow pierced, burberry hat on backwards. "SERIAL WOMANISER -Has 4 kids with 5 other women" flashes on the bottom of the screen.

Nervous looking woman beside him saying "but he loves me, so I'm going to stick with him"

Lukaku is the skanger, in case I made it confusing.

There's a flaw in that analogy.....you're implying that the skanger/Lukaku scores a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    For all of you considering a Watford striker for 37, what's gonna be your strikeforce?
    1. Aguero, Kane & your Watford guy?
    2. Or will you sacrifice one of Aguero/Kane?... in spite of DGW34 showing that in form strikers having something at stake are better than most DGW options.
    If you keep Aguero & Kane, aren't Carroll (Swansea & United at home & European finish at stake) or Defoe (Chelsea & Everton at home and relegation battle ongoing) better options than Watford strikers ('Pool & Norwich away and nothing to play for). Or is it just Villa at home in 36 that edges it?
    I'll prob keep long for city anyway TBH and then go Defoe or Carroll for 37
    I've 2 west ham and one United only so far
    Will prob bank this week and take a -4 or -8 that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Cartman78 wrote: »
    There's a flaw in that analogy.....you're implying that the skanger/Lukaku scores a lot

well he does have 18 league goals this season. I too am tempted to bring him back into the fold as a TC for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    well he does have 18 league goals this season. I too am tempted to bring him back into the fold as a TC for the DGW.

7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.jpg

Pretty certain I'll be TC Lukaku for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Lads, replacement for Pelle? 8.7m to spare. Tempted by Carroll, but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Lads, replacement for Pelle? 8.7m to spare. Tempted by Carroll, but not sure.

Defoe.

Playing Stoke who are leaking goals and then a dgw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Gabriel out for... someone and possibly Lukaku out for Defoe for a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Possible replacement for Alli if he gets ban, Khazri ?

Lanzini or Spacecraft?

siblers wrote: »
    Lanzini or Spacecraft?

Newcastle are in decent form, have everything to fight for and their next two fixtures couldn't be any easier. Just a pity their lack of a DGW.

I'd bring him in but my midfield is quite strong so need to prioritise my defence and attack. Regret not bringing him in for my WC, thought Newcastle were dead and buried 3 weeks ago.

I brought in Mane (c) and Long this weekend and I think I'll be following a similar plan for the remaining games by bringing in players who play against Villa, Palace and Stoke.

So I will be bringing in a Sunderland and Newcastle player. Might give Watford a swerve but really tempted by Deeney as he was on Villa's books as a youth so might want to throw in a performance against them.

PVA, Defoe and Townsend seem the 3 obvious. Papa Cisse is tempting too with Rafa seemingly preferring him to Mitrovic. Games against Palace and Villa look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Probably going to be going with PVA, maybe Defoe. What are people's thoughts on Aguero? Keeping him in for the remainder of the season or giving him the boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

A possible Alli ban throws a bit of a spanner in the works, will wait and see how it pans out but if he gets a ban, most likely bring in Townsend

Probably going to be going with PVA, maybe Defoe. What are people's thoughts on Aguero? Keeping him in for the remainder of the season or giving him the boot?

Has to be a season stayer at this stage, too explosive to go without, hopefully he gets through CL game unscathed!

• Advertisement

Think I'm gonna get rid of him and probably bring him back in for 38.
    So I will be bringing in a Sunderland and Newcastle player. Might give Watford a swerve but really tempted by Deeney as he was on Villa's books as a youth so might want to throw in a performance against them.

PVA, Defoe and Townsend seem the 3 obvious. Papa Cisse is tempting too with Rafa seemingly preferring him to Mitrovic. Games against Palace and Villa look great
    I have Defoe and PVA, prob do Deeney/Lukaku for a -4, as bad as Everton have been, I can't see them not putting a few past Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Think I'm gonna get rid of him and probably bring him back in for 38.

I have Defoe and PVA, prob do Deeney/Lukaku for a -4, as bad as Everton have been, I can't see them not putting a few past Bournemouth

I'm completely avoiding Everton for the rest of the season. Players demotivated with Martinez in charge and seem to be against him at this stage, not wanting to play. But will probably take a punt on Defoe in for Martial, especially for DGW and given their fight against relegation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Brought in Shane Long and he got me 12 points

Would you guys keep him at home to Man City this weekend?

Texas Jack wrote: »

I have Mane and with a likely suspension for Ali on the way i will need to use him.
    I'm hoping City do well v Madrid and ade somewhat occupied for the league game v Saints. Actually quite fancy Saints to do well against them with the likelihood of Kdb, Aguero etc being rested.

dahat wrote: »
    I have Mane and with a likely suspension for Ali on the way i will need to use him.
    I'm hoping City do well v Madrid and ade somewhat occupied for the league game v Saints. Actually quite fancy Saints to do well against them with the likelihood of Kdb, Aguero etc being rested.

I'll hold onto him so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Looking at two transfer this week and two next week for my BB in week 37.

Taughts on below

Schmeichel
    Bellerín Dier Huth (Dann / Janmaat)
    Sanchez Lennon Coutinho Alli Mahrez
    Agüero Kane Rashford

This GW thinking
    Dier to Cresswell (WHam DGW 37)
    Kane to Lukaku (Tasty home this week and double next week) I know Everton are in freefall but if they are to score, its going to be him.
    Or Kane to Sturridge (Possible rotation with Europa league games looming)

GW37
    Sanchez out for Payet
    Dann for PVA
    Rashford to Defoe.

Taughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Texas Jack wrote: »

Form over fixtures

Have a few selection headaches this week. May seem more obvious to you guys so I'll go with any advice:

Robles or Mignolet?

Also are Gabriel, Fosu-Mensah or Loftus-Cheek likely to start?
    Worried about De Bruyne and Sturridge's game time and those 3 are currently on my bench.

With Sturridge likely to be rested Sunday it seems I'm now in the dangerous fpl zone of considering a transfer of one of our fav trolls....

Sturridge to Lukaka for a - 4 with a double in 37 to soften the blow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I might take a punt on Cesc! As a former arsenal player I'm sure he would love nothing better than helping killing off Spurs. Has a dgw also. Can't count on KDB with the champions league games.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Have a few selection headaches this week. May seem more obvious to you guys so I'll go with any advice:

Robles or Mignolet?

Also are Gabriel, Fosu-Mensah or Loftus-Cheek likely to start?
    Worried about De Bruyne and Sturridge's game time and those 3 are currently on my bench.

Arsenal kept 2 cleansheets since Peer came back in, so he'll most likely start. LVG is the ultimate FPL troll so it's impossible to say about Mensah, I'm gonna wait till the press coferences later in the week to see if they gave away any information, I'd like to keep Pelle but like half my team, I've no idea if he will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

How many players are people looking for field for DGW37?

Anyone got an update on Coleman?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

DakarVert wrote:

11 as per normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

madanall wrote: »
    11 as per normal.

You know what I meant. :P

How many DGW players are people trying to field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Is anybody considering getting rid of Alli with his potential ban? I am unsure, thinking of getting Fabregas in. Also have KDB but unsure whether to get rid of him.

My MF is Alli, KDB, Mahrez, Ozil and Iwobi and I have £1.6 in bank. 1 FT also.

Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

DakarVert wrote:

If you're not bench boosting 7 or 8 is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

DakarVert wrote: »
    6 or 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

whats fosu-mensahs story with united

slingerz wrote: »
    whats fosu-mensahs story with united
    Trying to work out what Van Gaal will do next is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.

If you don't have funds for Smalling/DDG then I'd totally avoid Utd Defence.
    RB position could be Valencia, Darmian or Fosu Mensah. It's just not worth the gamble. I have been stung. As a Utd fan and an FPL player I do not like LVG :P

Is anybody considering getting rid of Alli with his potential ban? I am unsure, thinking of getting Fabregas in. Also have KDB but unsure whether to get rid of him.

My MF is Alli, KDB, Mahrez, Ozil and Iwobi and I have £1.6 in bank. 1 FT also.

Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

You need Payet for DGW 37
    KDB is a luxury while they're involved 8in CL, uncertainty over starts in PL.

• Advertisement

Was gonna bring in a Chelsea player but Spurs followed by Sunderland and Liverpool away are pretty tough fixtures, don't see them scoring many goals in those games. **** it, gonna go with Spacecraft, fixtures are too good.

Final chance this season for Lukaku to redeem himself

Invincible wrote: »
    You need Payet for DGW 37
    KDB is a luxury while they're involved 8in CL, uncertainty over starts in PL.

Thanks. I've very uncertain. My strikers are Aguero, Kane and Martial so I was thinking of getting a DGW MF (initially Fabregas but Payet is a good call) in and getting rid of Kane for Sturridge for Liverpool's DGW. Though I'm unsure whether to get rid of KDB and Alli for Fabregas and Payet.

I've already taken hits in previous gameweeks so I would prefer to only use my FTs for the next 2 weeks. I also have my TC to play so that's another uncertainty..

Sturridge's gametime could be limited with the Europa Cup, would seem unlikely he will start both games in 37 although he is still a dangerous player off the bench. Defoe and Carroll (or Lukaku) are alternatives you could consider.

Sturridge's gametime could be limited with the Europa Cup, would seem unlikely he will start both games in 37 although he is still a dangerous player off the bench. Defoe and Carroll (or Lukaku) are alternatives you could consider.

I figured he would start as Origi and all the other FPL listed strikers are injured. Would you reckon Klopp would play Firmino or Coutinho in his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I figured he would start as Origi and all the other FPL listed strikers are injured. Would you reckon Klopp would play Firmino or Coutinho in his place?

I brought in Firmino hoping this would be the case. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Benteke will probably be available by 37.

I'm holding Studge this week but may regretfully shift him for the DGW unfortunately. May yet have no Liverpool attacker for DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Benteke...remember him?? A less aggressive Belgian Andy Carroll??

Due back for the DGW supposedly but dunno if Klopp will even bother playing him at this stage.

Would guess that Firminio and Sturridge will share the striking role over the two games. I currently own both of them so seriously hoping that Firminio rediscovers his form asap and that Liverpool crap all over Swansea at the weekend

I still have my TC.

Somebody give me some options of who to throw it on please?

I think the logical move is to go with a dgw player in 37, but who??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

lougal88 wrote: »
    I still have my TC.

Somebody give me some options of who to throw it on please?

I think the logical move is to go with a dgw player in 37, but who??

sanchez against villa last game of the season ??

Advertisement