Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wildcard Team?

Darlow (36) DeGea (37)

Bellerin (36), Creswell(37), Moreno(37), Nyom(36,37), PVA(37)

Ozil(36), Sanchez(36), Payet(36,37), Firmino(37), Barkley(36,37)

Martial(36,37), Costa(36,37), Deeney(36,37)

Team should stand up in GW 38 with two FTs in the bag.

Still undecided about last defender for 36.

Not sure who to TC in 37 yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

lougal88 wrote: »
    I still have my TC.

Somebody give me some options of who to throw it on please?

I think the logical move is to go with a dgw player in 37, but who??

Payet?
    Rashford?
    Defoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I still have my TC.

sanchez against villa last game of the season ??
    By that time Arsenal wont have much to play for, think they will have 3rd place sewn up. But it's worth considering maybe. I think if it was going to be a SGW player it could be Sanchez this week home to Norwich.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I still have my TC.

Payet?
    Rashford?
    Defoe?
    I am 100% not choosing a Utd player based on LVG's mind-numbing team selections.
    Rashford could play 180 minutes or none.

Payet is one of my top picks, just slightly worried about his minor dip in form. My mate TCed him in dgw34 and he got him something like 12 pts.

Defoe would be very bold, but could be season-defining :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Final chance this season for Lukaku to redeem himself

Haven't ruled him out on WC yet but Deeney/Ighalo Defoe Rashford Sturridge and Carroll are all there too. If you had to pin me down to 3 for the run in atm in my squad I'd go......Defoe and .......Deeney and ....Rashford.....maybe!
    Actually Lukaku ahead of Rashford!
    Not editing this again but will be a different 3 by Friday probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

By that time Arsenal wont have much to play for, think they will have 3rd place sewn up. But it's worth considering maybe. I think if it was going to be a SGW player it could be Sanchez this week home to Norwich.

Arsenal could still go into the last home game of the season needing a result to secure CL football for next year. Its hard to tell what might happen yet. Norwich will be fighting tooth and nail this week, they'll definitely put up more of a fight than Villa (which wouldn't be hard).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Kdb Coutinho Gabriel for the chop. Will just have to hold onto Alli if he picks up a 3 gamer. PVA definitely coming in. Then maybe Watford's Watson (at least he's troubled the opposition net recently) Pedro or Fabregas perhaps. Use extra funds for gw37. Yes having to go very punty.

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Arsenal could still go into the last home game of the season needing a result to secure CL football for next year. Its hard to tell what might happen yet. Norwich will be fighting tooth and nail this week, they'll definitely put up more of a fight than Villa (which wouldn't be hard).
    You might mean automatic CL place aka 3rd which is a fair point. It's between them and City really.
    If Leicester get a result at OT this weekend which I'm predicting they will, Utd will be 8 points behind Arsenal with 3 games to play. Their top 4 place will be all but secured.
    I really think that Villa game could be a dead rubber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Dele Alli charged retrospectively

Probably misses last 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dele Alli charged retrospectively

Probably misses last 3 games

Boooouuuuurrrrrnnnnsssssss
    Makes my team selection slightly easier UNLESS I buy Townsend that is .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

My transfer was probably going to be Pelle to Defoe/Deeney/Carroll. Now it's Alli to Antonio.

Is there any update on Coleman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there any update on Coleman?

Yep...I transferred him out for PVA yesterday ;-)

He's red flagged at 25% I think so a lot of equity to have sitting on your bench crocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

You might mean automatic CL place aka 3rd which is a fair point. It's between them and City really.
    If Leicester get a result at OT this weekend which I'm predicting they will, Utd will be 8 points behind Arsenal with 3 games to play. Their top 4 place will be all but secured.
    I really think that Villa game could be a dead rubber.

Isn't this when Arsenal are at their most dangerous? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Mig Robles
    Smalling Bellerin Delaney Sakho Gabriel
    Sanchez Mahrez Bolasie Coutinho Alli
    Aguero Kane Mitrovic

Sakho -> PVA
    Coutinho -> Payet
    Mitrovic -> Defoe/Deeney
    for -8.

Opinions?
    I'm fairly set on PVA & Payet but Townsend could come in this GW (and Payet for Bolasie for the DGW). Better?
    Upfront, Defoe & Deeney have nice fixtures but their teams aren't scoring much. Is it WH overkill to get Carroll in? He's on fire but wasn't playing before so I'm quite confused...

Have a 34 pts gap to make up on my main league leader. Have TC and AOA left. He only has BB left and only 4 potential DGW players now (Mig, Clyne, Darmian, Firmino). He also owns KDB, Iwobi, Alli, Vardy & Pellè so he does have some concerns too. Better transfers and a successful TC could help me win it ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Isn't this when Arsenal are at their most dangerous? :p

Theo time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Sakho
    Gabriel
    Alli
    Coutinho

All on the immediate chopping board. 1 FT. Ugh.

Sakho
    Gabriel
    Alli
    Coutinho

All on the immediate chopping board. 1 FT. Ugh.

You can carry 1-2 players on your bench with only a few games left.

I'd keep Coutinho on your bench 'til GW37 at which point you'll know if we are still in Europe. If not he will play the final 3 games.

Sakho for PVA and Alli for Townsend.

Neoulous wrote: »
    Mig Robles
    Smalling Bellerin Delaney Sakho Gabriel
    Sanchez Mahrez Bolasie Coutinho Alli
    Aguero Kane Mitrovic

Sakho -> PVA
    Coutinho -> Payet
    Mitrovic -> Defoe/Deeney
    for -8.

Opinions?
    I'm fairly set on PVA & Payet but Townsend could come in this GW (and Payet for Bolasie for the DGW). Better?
    Upfront, Defoe & Deeney have nice fixtures but their teams aren't scoring much. Is it WH overkill to get Carroll in? He's on fire but wasn't playing before so I'm quite confused...

Have a 34 pts gap to make up on my main league leader. Have TC and AOA left. He only has BB left and only 4 potential DGW players now (Mig, Clyne, Darmian, Firmino). He also owns KDB, Iwobi, Alli, Vardy & Pellè so he does have some concerns too. Better transfers and a successful TC could help me win it ;).

Are you trying to second guess who he'll bring in up front?
    Would loosing Kane Alli Sakho get you the 3 you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

City failed in a request to get saints game moved back to Saturday
    Same thing happened with Chelsea cup tie .....expect changes !
    I'll be keeping long for sure and may play Forster over Adrian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have Pelle and I'd keep him due to this but I've no idea if he will start.

ElTel wrote: »
    Are you trying to second guess who he'll bring in up front?
    Would loosing Kane Alli Sakho get you the 3 you want?
    He hasn't made a transfer yet. I'll have a look but think I'll focus more on my own game.

You mean I could keep Coutinho in case 'Pool loses to Villareal such that he'd feature in GW37? He probably wouldn't play both games anyway?

I can actually do Sakho + Alli + Mitrovic -> PVA + Payet + Defoe/Deeney but £0 left in bank so can't afford any price changes.

He hasn't made a transfer yet. I'll have a look but think I'll focus more on my own game.

You mean I could keep Coutinho in case 'Pool loses to Villareal such that he'd feature in GW37? He probably wouldn't play both games anyway?

I can actually do Sakho + Alli + Mitrovic -> PVA + Payet + Defoe/Deeney but £0 left in bank so can't afford any price changes.

Looks good especially if you can "see" a good FT next week only or perhaps your planning on more next week. I prefer it to the dropping Coutinho one atm.

siblers wrote: »
    I have Pelle and I'd keep him due to this but I've no idea if he will start.

He won't

They'll be unchanged

Long all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

With my BB to come for GW37 I'm looking at probably a 12 point hit over two weeks to get rid of
    Gabriel

Winjaldum
    Nasri
    Siggy

Aguero

Looking at some of the following

Smalling
    PVA

Payet
    Hazard
    Milner

Defoe
    Carroll
    Rooney

Any other ideas? In particular on which week to take the hits

Getting rid of Aguero means I pretty much have unlimited cash
    Also have Sturridge, Kane, Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    With my BB to come for GW37 I'm looking at probably a 12 point hit over two weeks to get rid of
    Gabriel

Winjaldum
    Nasri
    Siggy

Aguero

Looking at some of the following

Smalling
    PVA

Payet
    Hazard
    Milner

Defoe
    Carroll
    Rooney

Any other ideas? In particular on which week to take the hits

Getting rid of Aguero means I pretty much have unlimited cash
    Also have Sturridge, Kane, Sanchez

I'd keep wijnaldum villa away in 37 see if he gets his place back this week.

Balls deep in Romelu

Balls deep in Romelu

This forum is for fantasy football not for discussing your own fantasies.

I'm quite likely to leave Ali till next week as i have Mane to sub in vs ity. Bloody hope he starts this week though.

90% certain I'm joining Busts in the Big Rom Massif Crew till season end just have to wait and see how the Sturridge /Aguero rest situation looks like after the pressers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Balls deep in Romelu

Triple Captain option?

Looks good especially if you can "see" a good FT next week only or perhaps your planning on more next week. I prefer it to the dropping Coutinho one atm.
    What do you think about taking a punt on Townsend this GW and getting Payet next? WH away to WB while Newcastle are home to Palace and absolutely need a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Alli to Townsend done.Took a hit but needs must at this stage.

Current team:

Mig

Cresswell,Evans,Bellerin

Sanchez,Townsend,Payet,Iwobi

Aguero,Long,Kane

Subs:KDB,Fosuh Mensah,Dann.

KDB on bench due to the Madrid game being City's priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I know this is a bit 'lazy' but I'm going to post my team and ask for suggestions, without making some myself! I have a few ideas but my head is wrecked thinking about it so would like to see what some 'fresh eyes' might think.

I'm 2nd in my ML, 20 points behind 1st. We both have TC, he has BB left. Part of me thinks I need a few 'hits' to haul him in, part of me thinks that I'm only making a 20 point deficit a 24 or 28 point one!

Current team is:
    Mignolet/Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Dann, Dawson, Sakho
    Mahrez, Ozil, Alli, Payet, Milner
    Aguero, Kane, Mitrovic

Its pretty clear who my problem players are but I only have 1FT but do have 2.9m ITB.

I have no obvious captain this week, probably looking at a minimum -4 and probably don't want to exceed a -8.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Benimar wrote: »
    I know this is a bit 'lazy' but I'm going to post my team and ask for suggestions, without making some myself! I have a few ideas but my head is wrecked thinking about it so would like to see what some 'fresh eyes' might think.

I'm 2nd in my ML, 20 points behind 1st. We both have TC, he has BB left. Part of me thinks I need a few 'hits' to haul him in, part of me thinks that I'm only making a 20 point deficit a 24 or 28 point one!

Current team is:
    Mignolet/Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Dann, Dawson, Sakho
    Mahrez, Ozil, Alli, Payet, Milner
    Aguero, Kane, Mitrovic

Its pretty clear who my problem players are but I only have 1FT but do have 2.9m ITB.

I have no obvious captain this week, probably looking at a minimum -4 and probably don't want to exceed a -8.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Mitrovic and sakho to defoe and pva this week. Then maybe another -4 next week alli to chelsea mid as one of them. If your rival doesn't have sanchez you could get him in as he is a great capt option in gw36 and 38. Mitrovic to lukaku this week and captain rom is another option.

What do you think about taking a punt on Townsend this GW and getting Payet next? WH away to WB while Newcastle are home to Palace and absolutely need a win.

I'm sure he'll be considered by many but what if Mitrovic starts?
    I think your squad has many of the same problems as most. (Benimar's recent post highlights that.) In my opinion you all should be considering dropping one of Kane or Aguero (or both!) freeing up funds, and planning accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mitrovic and sakho to defoe and pva this week. Then maybe another -4 next week alli to chelsea mid as one of them. If your rival doesn't have sanchez you could get him in as he is a great capt option in gw36 and 38. Mitrovic to lukaku this week and captain rom is another option.

Thanks, the 2 Sunderland lads were both 'under consideration' so good to see I haven't totally lost the plot.

My rival has Sanchez, but I don't see how I get him in other than a -4 for Ozil. Lukaku would give a captaincy option ok, but DGW33 still haunts me! Might have to go that route though.

Leaning towards 2 -4s in 36 and 37 rather than a -8 this week.

Benimar wrote: »
    Thanks, the 2 Sunderland lads were both 'under consideration' so good to see I haven't totally lost the plot.

My rival has Sanchez, but I don't see how I get him in other than a -4 for Ozil. Lukaku would give a captaincy option ok, but DGW33 still haunts me! Might have to go that route though.

Leaning towards 2 -4s in 36 and 37 rather than a -8 this week.

Ye I wouldn't do a -8 this week as you are showing your hand. Also things can change between this week and next with injuries and suspensions etc . Even something like utd losing this week could make there defenders less appealing for the dgw.

smog wrote: »
    Anyone else on a wildcard to BB Gw37?

Yes. I've posted in the Wildcard thread.

Any suggestions as to who to replace Coleman with?

8.3 mil so can afford anyone

I'm sure he'll be considered by many but what if Mitrovic starts?
    I think your squad has many of the same problems as most. (Benimar's recent post highlights that.) In my opinion you all should be considering dropping one of Kane or Aguero (or both!) freeing up funds, and planning accordingly.
    Mitrovic only started 1 in the last 5 though. Townsend is in a good spell of form. He could be a cheap enough differential.

Unless I want Hazard in for the DGW, money is not a major issue. I know they may have less to play for now but considering the many problems I have it's no priority to get rid of them.

My rival did not go all in for the DGWs in his GW33 WC and made weekly punt transfers since. We're in similar enough shape for DGW37 as of now. Hopefully the next couple of days (Europe team sheets, managers press conference) will help take a decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Texas Jack wrote:
    Any suggestions as to who to replace Coleman with?

8.3 mil so can afford anyone

PVA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    90% certain I'm joining Busts in the Big Rom Massif Crew till season end just have to wait and see how the Sturridge /Aguero rest situation looks like after the pressers.

Much as both of ye lads are voices I respect and tend to listen carefully to, and much as I like a good left field contrary option, I am really (really) struggling to see the attraction.

Player reportedly wants out next season. Manager a deadman walking. Team form toxic and nothing to play for, riddled with injury and suspension. Player recent form beyond pathetic.

Lads, help me out here!!!

Is Carroll, red hot recent form and nice dgw fixtures not a vastly more attractive option. Ir Defoe.

Cresswell for Coleman a good move?

West Ham have a DGW next week and his fixtures look decent

Cresswell for Coleman a good move?

West Ham have a DGW next week and his fixtures look decent
    With DGW consideration, yeah him or PVA are good shouts. Maybe Smalling also?

FHFC wrote: »
    Much as both of ye lads are voices I respect and tend to listen carefully to, and much as I like a good left field contrary option, I am really (really) struggling to see the attraction.

Player reportedly wants out next season. Manager a deadman walking. Team form toxic and nothing to play for, riddled with injury and suspension. Player recent form beyond pathetic.

Lads, help me out here!!!

Is Carroll, red hot recent form and nice dgw fixtures not a vastly more attractive option. Ir Defoe.

I already have him and have a BB to consider so my circumstances are different to dahat. My thinking is that he should be nailed on has two nice sgw fixtures aswell as the double. He is a proven Pl goalscorer. Unlike most I'd be fixtures over form and try to not get influenced by recent events e.g lukakus recent goal drought or a player that doesn't usually score being on a good short term run. If lukakus had of taken one of his chances last weekend maybe more would be going for him. I'm not saying I'm right as my approach has some notable failures yaya , Ramsey but the other side is I consistently big up Sanchez when he is on a poor run like fairly recently and would be saying not to sell.

His last few games haven't been as bad as they seem, he was unlucky not to bag a couple in the dgw plus went close vs Utd as well. Yes, it is a big punt but the dgw fuxtures do soften the risk a bit.

That beong said he is in no way a captain ot TC candidate for any Gameweek left. ..

Andy Carroll is a candidate for that slot as well, thing is with Payet as well i could have too many eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sorry lads. Good luck and all that but.....

46234571.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

1FT.... but want to do the following before GW37 :confused:

Evans>PVA
    Gabriel>Cresswell
    Alli>Townsend
    KDB>Payet
    Iwobi> Antonio

... somebody stop me from pressing the retard button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I already have him and have a BB to consider so my circumstances are different to dahat. My thinking is that he should be nailed on has two nice sgw fixtures aswell as the double. He is a proven Pl goalscorer. Unlike most I'd be fixtures over form and try to not get influenced by recent events e.g lukakus recent goal drought or a player that doesn't usually score being on a good short term run. If lukakus had of taken one of his chances last weekend maybe more would be going for him. I'm not saying I'm right as my approach has some notable failures yaya , Ramsey but the other side is I consistently big up Sanchez when he is on a poor run like fairly recently and would be saying not to sell.

This is pretty much my thinking, as **** as they have been he is still one of the best strikers in the league and you'd hope/expect he should turn his form around at some stage and Everton do have some decent fixtures for the next 2 gameweeks
    COH wrote: »
    1FT.... but want to do the following before GW37 :confused:

Evans>PVA
    Gabriel>Cresswell
    Alli>Townsend
    KDB>Payet
    Iwobi> Antonio

... somebody stop me from pressing the retard button

What's the rest of your team? I'd prioritise Gabriel to PVA and Alli to Payet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

siblers wrote: »

What's the rest of your team? I'd prioritise Gabriel to PVA and Alli to Payet.

I cant afford Alli > Payet unless I offload someone more exoensive as I have F all in the bank

Mig/Robles
    Moreno/Simpson/Delaney/Evans/Gabriel
    KDB/Sanchez/Iwobi/Alli/Firmino
    Kane/Aguerro/Lukaku

• Advertisement
Advertisement