Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Already done Coleman to PVA this GW.

Now need to move Alli out fairly sharpish...have been thinking Payet all along but getting tempted by Spacecraft Experience (Andros just doesn't sound right).....he's in decent form and has decent fixtures, albeit no DGW.

Have Lanzini for West Ham cover....is going without Payet too risky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

looking at the fixtures my lads have for 37 I can't see myself bringing in more than PVA and Carroll/Defoe to go with smalling Adrian and payet soooooooooooo I may well sell alli this week and board the spacecraft ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Brought in Willian last week and he got me a 8 points

Worth holding onto, especially considering the DGW?

It's a choice of losing him or Bolasie for Payet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any notions on an Ali replacement?

Already have Samchez, Payet, Spacecraft, Mane

Budget 8.5 and clueless, Lanzini or Antonio is all i can see for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Alright, lads, advice needed! I have Pelle and Coutinho and need to unload one. .7 in the bank, plus their basic selling price. I can only make one transfer. Who do we think is the bigger issue?

I reckon Pelle to Defoe and hope for the best with Cout. Anyone got a better idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

dahat wrote: »

I mean there's always Mahrez or Siggy too, but that's about it for 8.5 unless you want to chance Firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With a strong front 8 I'd hold alli this week to reassess your options assuming all the other 7 attackers you have will start.

I mean there's always Mahrez or Siggy too, but that's about it for 8.5 unless you want to chance Firmino.

Id ideally like a dgw player if possible. Not keen on Klopp lottery as Sturridge is enough of a sweat there.

With a strong front 8 I'd hold alli this week to reassess your options assuming all the other 7 attackers you have will start.

Aguero is an issue now plus with a bench of Fosu-Mensah, Sakho and Ali I'm in trouble if Aguero is rested (as expected)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero is an issue now plus with a bench of Fosu-Mensah, Sakho and Ali I'm in trouble if Aguero is rested (as expected)

Can they afford to rest aguero. Things are very tight for top 4.

Can they afford to rest aguero. Things are very tight for top 4.

Fair point but with a replacement on top form, Ienacho (spelling) I think they will rest either him or Kdb. With Silva injured and the CL the holy grail for the owners I think that will be given priority.

I hope he isn't though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Any thoughts on who I should bring in to my midfield instead of Alli?

Have Sanchez, Townsend, Mahrez, Payet already

Not sure who I could bring in with the DGW in mind. Have no cash other than the 6.3 from Alli

Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fabregas 8.4, has dgw and has form lately.

Invincible wrote: »
    Fabregas 8.4, has dgw and has form lately.

Not a bad shout actually, bit of a gamble but not tje worst punt.

Not a bad shout actually, bit of a gamble but not tje worst punt.

Sure you're a man for a gamble! :-)
    He's a good differential with proven history, can ping a ball on to an opponent's head as we all remember from last seasons sending off!
    Just shows his accuracy from set pieces :-)

• Advertisement

Sure you're a man for a gamble! :-)
    He's a good differential with proven history, can ping a ball on to an opponent's head as we all remember from last seasons sending off!
    Just shows his accuracy from set pieces :-)

Nearly convinced..... Spurs need to go for broke vs them as well so space will be there for him. Is he playing at 10 though?

Nearly convinced..... Spurs need to go for broke vs them as well so space will be there for him. Is he playing at 10 though?

Not sure of his position since Costa and Hazard returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's what I plan to do now. Will lose a few quid on Alli but what the hell.

May, maybe, consider dropping Aguero for the DGW.

FHFC wrote: »
    That's what I plan to do now. Will lose a few quid on Alli but what the hell.

May, maybe, consider dropping Aguero for the DGW.

Hows your bench fixed? Tempted to shift Sakho for a bench defender, Simpson maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Regarding a replacement for Alli. I'm hinging towards Milner or Willian. Similar points and both have a double gameweek.

Issue is that Milner may suffer from rotation, although I reckon Liverpool have marginally the better games from the 2 sides.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else thinking of going Payetless for the rest of the season????

Currently have Alli, Firminio, Sanchez, Iwobi and Lanzini.

Tempted by Spacecraft and also Willian or Fabregas.

Payet's mediocre form and the fact I already have Lanzini are making me a bit hesitant.

Note: already used my ft elsewhere this week

Hows your bench fixed? Tempted to shift Sakho for a bench defender, Simpson maybe?

If/when I do Sahko to PVA I'd have Rose as my only solid sub. But I'd be happy enough to get away with that this week.

I had envisaged taking a -4 this week and another next week. But think its wiser to use the FT this week and then decide on up to a -8 for the DGW.

FHFC wrote: »
    If/when I do Sahko to PVA I'd have Rose as my only solid sub. But I'd be happy enough to get away with that this week.

I had envisaged taking a -4 this week and another next week. But think its wiser to use the FT this week and then decide on up to a -8 for the DGW.

I moved Migs for Mannone with my ft which inwas perfectly happpy to do so for a couple of reasons.

A - 8 next week could be the way to go as i have a small lead in my league so best not take too many hits. Not so sure i have the will not to get someone in though, very trigger happy with transfers.

With Ibe coming on at halftime for Coutinho, good chance he should start the weekend, don't ya think?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Gabriel -> PVA
    Alli -> Townsend (-4)

Done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Both Milner and KDB will most likely be rested at the weekend, looking like a -8 for me to sort my fecking team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is anyone else thinking of going Payetless for the rest of the season????

Currently have Alli, Firminio, Sanchez, Iwobi and Lanzini.

Tempted by Spacecraft and also Willian or Fabregas.

Payet's mediocre form and the fact I already have Lanzini are making me a bit hesitant.

Note: already used my ft elsewhere this week

I've been lining him up as my GW37 TC for weeks but that's very much in the balance now. If not for the fact you'd be using a valuable transfer to TAKE OUT a DGW player, it's a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Who'd be a decent KdB replacement?
    10.3m to spend

lougal88 wrote: »
    10.3m to spend

Hazard or Fabregas

lougal88 wrote: »
    10.3m to spend

Spacecraft has 2 decent games but no double, Cesc maybe but Chelsea got tough fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Hazard or Fabregas

0.5m short of Hazard.

Was Fabregas playing the no 10 role against Bournemouth?
    He hit a big score but I'm worried about his consistency

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

As i m winning our work league by 100 points oh and i live in england. I m aiming to have an irish team by wk 38.

so have got rid of alli for houlihan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As i m winning our work league by 100 points oh and i live in england. I m aiming to have an irish team by wk 38.

If there is money to be made in this league, take no chances. You're still looking at the possibility of another 44 players to play before the end of the season, not including chips. Its unlikely, but I wouldn't want to be talking about what might have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

0 FT's

Only 6.1m to get a Delle Alli replacement

Should I board the Andros Townsend Spacecraft experience for 4 points??

King is my other midfielder and I've headaches about KDB & Gabriel aswell

Feck it.....I'm on board the Spacecraft Experience.

Always have the option of getting Payet in next week if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Everybody expecting Studge to start at weekend,and only once in DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Why do a lot of people seem to be dumping KDB?....is he injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

I've 40 points to make up in my money league.

I'm thinking of the mother of all punts.

Kane -> Deeney.

What do yas think...?

Why do a lot of people seem to be dumping KDB?....is he injured?

No but he seems to be Pellergrini's favourite player to rest
    Lads,

Kane -> Deeney.

What do yas think...?
    What about Carroll? In great form and has a double game week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Urg... Head is wrecked, it may be the couple of pints (very rare these days) but considering transferring out Aguero for Lukaku. Despite his shocking poor fpl form, Lukaku has a Bournemouth team who have been on holidays the last few weeks, this weekend.
    The other plus is it would allow me to swap Alli to Mahrez.
    Thinking Aguero may not start this weekend, at most maybe get 60 mins. Then again, it's Aguero, is it madness to even be considering transferring him out?
    It's either that or bring in someone for under 6.2 for Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Would rather Brady

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

Kane -> Deeney.

What do yas think...?

Absolutely. I would also captain him. He was on their (villa) books as a youth and as a Birmingham fan he will be flat out trying to score.

Also, Richards looks like he will miss the game. So a team in complete disarray and a second choice centre half equals a mauling.

Urg... Head is wrecked, it may be the couple of pints (very rare these days) but considering transferring out Aguero for Lukaku. Despite his shocking poor fpl form, Lukaku has a Bournemouth team who have been on holidays the last few weeks, this weekend.
    The other plus is it would allow me to swap Alli to Mahrez.
    Thinking Aguero may not start this weekend, at most maybe get 60 mins. Then again, it's Aguero, is it madness to even be considering transferring him out?
    It's either that or bring in someone for under 6.2 for Alli.

Re Aguero. The bigger picture is will they get past Madrid. If not then he will play the full 90 in their final two matches. He could also play this weekend so I would hold him but only if you think Madrid will progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Shipped Alli for Spacecraft. Had just enough money too do it so pulled the trigger for a -4 after Coutinhos yellow flag. Was just going too hold Alli for last few games but changed my mind as I'm chasing two leagues from second spot. I now have 2 Newcastle & 2 Sunderland in my first 11.. The worlds gone mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lord above.

Is there anything else as representative of this bonkers season as the wholesale purchase of Andros Townsend from every other person on boards.ie as a last ditch throw of the dice. Is this what we have been reduced too.

*shakes head and reluctantly board the spacecraft*

• Advertisement

Haha....there's gonna be some meltdown here on Saturday if the Spacecraft fails to launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I was considering captaining Spacecraft as a punt but am too terrified of Sanchez to follow through :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Haha....there's gonna be some meltdown here on Saturday if the Spacecraft fails to launch

I'm looking at him for the next couple of games not just this week

Lord above.

Is there anything else as representative of this bonkers season as the wholesale purchase of Andros Townsend from every other person on boards.ie as a last ditch throw of the dice. Is this what we have been reduced too.

*shakes head and reluctantly board the spacecraft*

When Lemlin buys him it's probably time to board up the windows and stock up on canned food. The end of the world will surely be upon us.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

**** it, I'm in too

2i0uq38.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement