Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Andros Townsend a doubt with a calf injury.

*sticks fingers in ears*

Lalalllalllallllalalala

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Worried about Aguero now too. May end up moving Alli yet.

Think Alli is the safer one to move on as Aguero could hurt badly with 20mins cameo. Finding a suitable replacement is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Did Sakho to PVA, I can't believe Lukaku is staying in my team until the end of the season but there ya have it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Townsend doubtful?!?! WHAT HE WAS MY DIFFERENTIAL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Townsend doubtful?!?! WHAT HE WAS MY DIFFERENTIAL

There's no indication anywhere that this is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've seen nothing on twitter or anywhere that mentions an injury so we're awaiting Western Pomise's source on things!

Think if Western Promise is extracting the urine, he needs to own up or he could get the same result Alli has!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was thinking with aguero city can't afford to rest him due to top 4 but thinking about it again. If they lose this week it's still in their own hands as they play arsenal the following week and a win against them puts city above arsenal. Im keeping aguero but the chance of a rest for him is probably bigger than I initially felt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Can you please link your source. I have spent 25 mins looking and can see nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

*sticks fingers in ears*

Lalalllalllallllalalala

He'll be rested as well against Swansea after playing against Villareal ;-)

Looks like Ali to Mahrez for me just in case Aguero gets rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any love for Watford defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Posting back to say I was extracting the Urine re Townsend( he is fine to best of my knowledge)....intended posting about a half hour later to say it was in jest....but returned from work to a very sick child so only out of Doctors now.

Apologies for any peeved individuals.....meant to get back a lot quicker but wasn't possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Posting back to say I was extracting the Urine re Townsend( he is fine to best of my knowledge)....intended posting about a half hour later to say it was in jest....but returned from work to a very sick child so only out of Doctors now.

Apologies for any peeved individuals.....meant to get back a lot quicker but wasn't possible.

Not as bad as fake goal shouts but definitely not cool.

May be way off the mark here but have you done this before? Apologies if you haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    May be way off the mark here but have you done this before? Apologies if you haven't.

quick look through his posting history suggests not to be fair. all fpl posts are genuine ones and then a lot of farming
    but we won't hold that against ya :D

dahat wrote: »

Don't think so..... To be fair Andros Townsend hasn't suddenly turned into Lionel Messi,may well bring him in myself as a punt but that's all he is at best.

Don't think so..... To be fair Andros Townsend hasn't suddenly turned into Lionel Messi,may well bring him in myself as a punt but that's all he is at best.

In FSA townsend is a lot more import than Messi. Hope you're able to figure out a way to pay Futureguy back those 25 minutes!

jimmii wrote: »
    In FSA townsend is a lot more import than Messi.
    Take your point....

Had intended posting quickly after to stop mass heart failures but outlined why I couldn't,but reality is there are plenty of other midfielders of his price/current form that could score as well or better till end of season.

I'm still tempted to hold my ft and make 3\4 next week
    if I sign Townsend I have to bench mahrez . I don't see many goals in that game but of Leicester get one he will be involved .
    of course there is a fair chance iwobi may not start which would
    mean alderweireld coming in for me which again I'd be OK with BUT if anyone else was to miss out ive no sub left (alli smith )
    I am certain I'm signing PVA next week so could always do that a week early as insurance policy on the bench!
    current starters are bellerin Fuchs and smalling as I really fancy a nil all in that game

Take your point....

Had intended posting quickly after to stop mass heart failures but outlined why I couldn't,but reality is there are plenty of other midfielders of his price/current form that could score as well or better till end of season.

That doesn't make it ok though and half an hour was more than enough time to enduce a few heart attackers as people scampered around trying to pick up the pieces of having Vardy then Alli and then finding out Townsend was out! This isn't a game you know!

• Advertisement

That doesn't make it ok though. This isn't a game you know!

As a certain manager said!

MOD: 3 day ban for the post. As explained in my PM to you, the fact you came on after I requested you to means it's not a lengthier ban.

Zero tolerance for such posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jimmii wrote:
    That doesn't make it ok though and half an hour was more than enough time to enduce a few heart attackers as people scampered around trying to pick up the pieces of having Vardy then Alli and then finding out Townsend was out! This isn't a game you know!

Ah give him a break.

ah feck it
    all aboard!
    now start mahrez or iwobi?
    and Forster or Adrian?

spock. wrote: »
    Ah give him a break.

Looks like he already got one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ah give him a break.

Those kind of posts have no place in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

It wouldn't have been bad if he put further down after a few line spaces, "Only joking lads"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jimmii wrote:
    Looks like he already got one.

Not saying they do but I feel the reaction has been way OTT.
    Anyway, nothing to do with me, I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gab to pva done. Holding Alli this week to have another week to decide on replacements.

• Advertisement

Not saying they do but I feel the reaction has been way OTT.
    Anyway, nothing to do with me, I'll leave it there.

I thought they got off lightly!

Anyone got suggestions for alternative punts to Defoe and Fab? Does Fab count as a punt?

MOD: Western Promise has said he accepts the ban and asks me to pass on his apologies to you all for the comments.

Ok guys and gals, back to transfer talk

Anyone got suggestions for alternative punts to Defoe and Fab? Does Fab count as a punt?

Hazard is certainly a punt.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hazard is certainly a punt.

That's a step too far! Bit too pricey as well. Seems a long time ago when he was in everyone's team crazy how quickly things have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mignolet, Robles, Gabriel, Sakho, Alli, Mitrovic.

1FT available.

I'll be lucky to field a 5 a side team!

Oh, I also don't have Sanchez or a good captain option!

Going to be a long night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Gabriel for PVA or Cathcart

Watfords fixtures look tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Gabriel for PVA or Cathcart

Watfords fixtures look tasty

PVA, much much better attacking threat and Sunderland have everything to play for. Watford on the other hand have nothing to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Need to get a keeper in as I have Robles and Mig

De Gea or Mannone? (Have PVA already)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    MOD: Western Promise has said he accepts the ban and asks me to pass on his apologies to you all for the comments.

Ok guys and gals, back to transfer talk

I think he should be made to sign and Triple Captain Pelle as a punishment for his wreckless posting

Apologies for re-posting this, but my original post got lost in the blizzard of team news earlier! Anyway, would appreciate opinions!

I'm 20 points behind my ML rival and I'm already committed to a -4.

My issue is that I have no real captaincy option - Aguero is probably the best (or mega punt on transferring in Lukaku). He has Sanchez and will captain him (possibly TC). Sanchez is clearly the best captaincy option this week and if he performs, I'm dead in the water.

Is there any logic in taking another -4 to do Ozil to Sanchez (c) as a 'blocker'?

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Apologies for re-posting this, but my original post got lost in the blizzard of team news earlier! Anyway, would appreciate opinions!

My issue is that I have no real captaincy option - Aguero is probably the best (or mega punt on transferring in Lukaku). He has Sanchez and will captain him (possibly TC). Sanchez is clearly the best captaincy option this week and if he performs, I'm dead in the water.

Is there any logic in taking another -4 to do Ozil to Sanchez (c) as a 'blocker'?

It wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if Arsenal were to get turned over by Norwich tbh....apparently there's anti-Wenger protests planned so the combination of weird atmosphere, arsenal being arsenal and a spirited Norwich could see it all going tits up.

Or Sanchez could fire in a seven minute hattrick ;-)

If in doubt, why not board the Spacecraft Experience before this forum leads to a triple price rise???

Cartman78 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if Arsenal were to get turned over by Norwich tbh....apparently there's anti-Wenger protests planned so the combination of weird atmosphere, arsenal being arsenal and a spirited Norwich could see it all going tits up.

A very reasonable point :D

Another option is to take back in my cheating ex and captain him...can I forgive Romelu one more time?? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Benimar wrote: »

You're chasing, you don't block - you take punts.

If you're ahead, you match the chasing players team as best as possible, ie to block.

Don't do his work for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Carroll or Defoe?

Robles owners look away now
    from official everton website http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/04/29/howard-to-return

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

km79 wrote: »
    Robles owners look away now
    from official everton website http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/04/29/howard-to-return

FFS, him and Mig means a real possibility of no playing keepers.

I'm chasing in my leagues (by 40ish points) so time for some bold moves...I have Gab, Alli and Robles as a priority to get rid of (with rotation worries for KDB, Aguero and Firmino) and I can just afford
    Gab>PVA
    Alli>Townsend
    Mig>Mannone

To pull the trigger or not?! Hoping this -8 will be the last hit of the season but its my third week of hits after a disastrous WC so who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

balls didn't hear about the mignolet news until just there after I'd used my free transfer on boarding the spacecraft train.

Have robles and mig can anyone advise best keeper? I have fuchs and simpsons so can't go for schmeichel.

Leaning toward loris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

balls didn't hear about the mignolet news until just there after I'd used my free transfer on boarding the spacecraft train.

Have robles and mig can anyone advise best keeper? I have fuchs and simpsons so can't go for schmeichel.

Leaning toward loris

Mannone or Gomes for DGW power!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

FHFC wrote: »
    Mannone or Gomes for DGW power!!

or what about De Gea??

I can see all my Pool players missing out again. Not what I was needing after the suspensions for Vardy and Alli!

• Advertisement
Advertisement