Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well I went and bought an iStick

Options
  • 23-04-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Found my old one that was never used within an hour of buying it but will come to use as a handy spare. I have a GS air on top. Using 24mg liquid. Anything else I need to know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Prime the coil before use. Put a few drops of liquid into each of the holes in the side of the coil until it doesn't absorb any more. Then fill it.

Start vaping at the lowest wattage printed on the side of the coil (probably 8w). After a short while, you can start upping the wattage until you get to a level you're happy with.

Then start vaping! Slow even draws work best - it's not a cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Watch some videos on it, get familiar with the settings. Stick it in wattage mode and adjust until the volts [shown below or beside the wattage] are in around 4.2v and your vape should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I'm fairly unsure whether to just give up the fags or cut down while using it. Any tips? Should I just set a quit date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Start vaping, if you feel you need a fag, have one, if not, don't.

Try going at least a few days without smoking, vape like a mad man whenever you feel an urge for a cig! When I started I had a box of smokes on stand by, but knew It would be too tempting. So I crushed the cigs and binned them. The best way to do it, is not have any smokes handy at all.

• Advertisement

I went with cutting down.
    Within a few days I was down to about a third of what I had been on. Then after a couple of weeks I got up one morning and said "It's time now", and stopped smoking.

Don't torture yourself. You'll more than likely prefer the vape after a couple of days, so have a few smokes now if you feel you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Which iStick?

It actually took me about a year to fully quit the fags. But that was definitely due to really crappy ecig tech back in the day (2013). Dud batteries from China, rubbish coils etc. and most of the ecig trade was online. If there was something I needed, I'd have to wait a day or two to get it sent. More if my ecig went tits up just before the weekend. So I would have a rollie every now and then. Nowadays tho with more ecig shops than feckin kebab shops you shouldn't be stuck without equipment.

I haven't put myself to the test in a while though. If my ecig broke (and my spare one) while on holidays in a country with no ecigs, would I buy a package of fags? I'm almost sure I wouldn't. But after a pint or two, who knows.

I did have a cigar last week though, very nice.

Which iStick?

I bought the 30w

pinkstars wrote: »
    I bought the 30w

And which tank?

• Advertisement

And which tank?

A GS air I think! All I'm thinking now is I have a fag in my mouth so much I never really have a craving for one it's all habit I guess I just hope I'm ready for this. 70 rollies a day is a hell of a lot like.

A GS air I think! All I'm thinking now is I have a fag in my mouth so much I never really have a craving for one it's all habit I guess I just hope I'm ready for this. 70 rollies a day is a hell of a lot like.

Did the folks in the shop explain how everything works? Like the coils & wattage?

Did the folks in the shop explain how everything works? Like the coils & wattage?

All I know is the coil needs to be changed when there is a smell of burning and the wattage can be adjusted.

They should have shown you how to set it up in store. But, it is easy to use. Click the fire button 3 times to switch between wattage and voltage modes [best to stay with wattage] - click 5 times to turn on and off ... hold both up and down buttons to lock the settings .... that's all i can remember - my missus has the 20 and 30w, and now uses the Pico, so thumbs up from her at least. Like I said earlier, i would stick it in wattage mode, set it to around 12-15w to start [the GS air coils are good to 20w, that's why I think it's better than the likes of the Nautilus] and you're good to go. Not much adjusting you need to do at all.

Thanks for all your help! I just love the look of the Pico is that easy to get? What watt did she get! I really want one of them now!

Thanks for all your help! I just love the look of the Pico is that easy to get? What watt did she get! I really want one of them now!

We both have a Pico :D we also both have Evic minis.

I got one Pico from ESI and bought another from a member on here. It's a great little thing, you need separate batteries though, and a charger, and it's more designed for sub ohm vaping and temp control coils. You could of course use it just like the 30w with the Gs air, but it would be a bit of a waste. It's a 75w capable device. The tank that comes in the kit with it is decent, but it's a sub ohm tank. You'd want to try before you buy I think.

We both have a Pico :D we also both have Evic minis.

I got one Pico from ESI and bought another from a member on here. It's a great little thing, you need separate batteries though, and a charger, and it's more designed for sub ohm vaping and temp control coils. You could of course use it just like the 30w with the Gs air, but it would be a bit of a waste. It's a 75w capable device. The tank that comes in the kit with it is decent, but it's a sub ohm tank. You'd want to try before you buy I think.

I have no idea what sub ohm vaping or any of that mean but I'd actually really love to get into them! I think I more like the look of them 😆

Yeah, the Pico looks cool. I want one too, but only bought an iStick 60w a few weeks ago, so I can't justify it yet.

What you have will get you started. Then shinyitis will take over as your main spend.....

j26m wrote: »
    Yeah, the Pico looks cool. I want one too, but only bought an iStick 60w a few weeks ago, so I can't justify it yet.

What you have will get you started. Then shinyitis will take over as your main spend.....

Where would be the best place to buy a Pico though? Looked online and can't really see any for sale in Ireland.

I have no idea what sub ohm vaping or any of that mean but I'd actually really love to get into them! I think I more like the look of them 😆

In that case I would definitely hold off on buying more mods for now. Until you're sure what direction you're headed. And like I said, you'd have to get some batteries and a good charger on top. You're looking at about €100 set up.

They do have the Pico in stock at thebestshop.eu though, €54 for just the device and tank. You would want at least 2 batteries which will add around €20, and a good charger like a Nitecore, that'll be another €25

• Advertisement

Where would be the best place to buy a Pico though? Looked online and can't really see any for sale in Ireland.

I've used this place a couple of times and they're good. There's a 10% discount code in the stickies above.

But yes, you need a battery. I get a day out a 2500mah battery which cost 9 quid, and it recharges by usb.
    I also have 4 3000mah batteries on the way, but that's because later in the year I need to be able to survive for a week with very limited access to power sources. 2 batteries would be plenty for normal use.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/685-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html

I always say 2 batteries to a device, because you'll want one for when the other is charging ;)

2 spare for a dual mod etc

I always say 2 batteries to a device, because you'll want one for when the other is charging ;)

I'm surviving grand with one - battery is just about running out when I'm going to bed, but a spare would be handy - hurry up Fasttech!

The first batch got sent to Italy :(

Is there any chance someone would have the time to actually post the links of what I'd need to buy? No problem if ye don't it's no problem.

Is there any chance someone would have the time to actually post the links of what I'd need to buy? No problem if ye don't it's no problem.

The "mods" are essentially just batteries - some are smarter than others and can do things like sub-ohm and temperature control. I haven't tried them yet myself. The Pico is just smarter than the 30w in that it can do the advanced stuff. It can also do the job your two iStick batteries can. Having said that, the Pico looks like a great mod and would cover your needs for a long time. The one I linked above has a sub-ohm capable tank included, so to sub-ohm all you'd need is low nicotine juice (3-6mg) and you'd be ready to go.
    For temperature control all you'd need is TC coils that work with your tank. These can be nickel, titanium or stainless steel.

I wouldn't suggest advanced stuff yet - I'm mad into techy stuff, but I haven't felt the need to explore it yet after 3 months. Get vaping first, and as time goes on you'll find out whether you want to try the rest, and do the research then. There are so many developments happening so fast in the past few months that the market may have moved on by the time you get to use the advanced stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Pico 75w is limited to 22mm tank though , 23-25 won't fit in there.

One battery barely lasts me a few hours. I'm normally at around 40w and I tend to chain it a bit. Which is grand for me, as I make my own juices ;)

if you want to look into what you'd need, here you go:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/685-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/658-aspire-icr-18650-2500mah-battery.html
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/457-nitecore-digicharger-d2.html

I believe ,there are only two battery worth buying at the moment:
    Samsung 25R
    or LG HG2
    anything else is waste of time of just rebranding of these two

The Aspire ones I linked are not re-wraps. A lot of the big reviewers are recommending them.

• Advertisement

Manufacturing 18650 Li-ion battery are multi million operations,very few facilities able to do them , Aspire is too small to make or design them , regardless what people saying , personally I wouldn't touch 18650s without Samsung/LG/Sony logo

Advertisement