Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Periodic tenancy agreement

Options
  • 23-04-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, would anybody know where I can download a periodic tenancy agreement? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Eniledam

Hi, thank you. I had seen this but wasn't sure if it would be OK for a month by month tenancy. I guess I can modify it to confirm tenancy is monthly rolling. Do you agree?

Thank you for taking the time to send me the link.

Hi, thank you. I had seen this but wasn't sure if it would be OK for a month by month tenancy. I guess I can modify it to confirm tenancy is monthly rolling. Do you agree?

Thank you for taking the time to send me the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you talking about residential or commercial? If residential, then there is legally no such thing: after six months, the tenant acquires rights which last more than a month.

Hi, I intend renting out single rooms to students/professionals on a month to month basis. So, maybe it is a Licence Agreement I need to be looking to set up. No one individual will have exclusive use of the house. Kitchen, bathroom and living rooms shall be shared.

• Advertisement

You don't really want too much in writing when you are dealing with licensees as it my only give them more rights than they should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you going to be living there? If not, then they're not licensees.

Are you going to be living there? If not, then they're not licensees.

If you are renting rooms seperately and maintain access to common areas then they are. It's well discussed recently that you don't have to be living in a house for the people to be considered licensees. That or just keep a box room in the place for yourself even if you don't stay there regularly it still guarantees they are licensees.

It's the wisest way of renting nowadays and the method I would use myself were I renting a place as tenants are too hard to get rid off as we see every day almost in threads on this forum.

Advertisement