Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seals in the river Lee

Options
  • 23-04-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Spotted a Seal in the water by the Lee fields during the week wreaking havoc. Have since spoken to a Salmon angler by Inniscarra direction who spotted 2 seals in a stretch of water by the graveyard.
    Funnily enough I haven't caught a trout since February. They seem to be quite scarce. I'm wondering is this due to seals travelling so far up the river.
    At this point of the season you'd normally see a fair bit of activity on the river but so far the Lee appears to be very quiet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My local rivers are quiet too and I'm putting it down to the cold weather lately. We had snow 2 weeks ago. I imagine a longer stretch of the weather we are having at the moment and the rivers should starting livening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Was passing the bridge heading towards shandon street in cork city and seen a seal swimming up the Lee on Thursday, amazing sight, also we seeing a pile of sea trout here in Kerry at the moment, loads from the shore biggest I have heard caught was 6 pound..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Was passing the bridge heading towards shandon street in cork city and seen a seal swimming up the Lee on Thursday, amazing sight, also we seeing a pile of sea trout here in Kerry at the moment, loads from the shore biggest I have heard caught was 6 pound..

Saw the seal up by the Dam a few times last year so he went all the way up river
    Can't be good for the fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

have fished the same spot since where I first saw the seal and there wasn't a nibble. also tried further up the river a fair few times and there is nothing happening, I know the weather so far has been against me but I cant ever remember the fishing being so bad. The Lee is always slow to start for trout & salmon but so far its been pathetic.

Advertisement