Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boating in The north east

• 23-04-2016 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi folks, I have just inherited a sea nymph 14ft boat and am looking forward to getting out on the water. Where to go is the question. Obviously lakes and canals are my options. I dont have a jeep so a slipway with a shallow angle would probably be a good idea.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Try this link you might find one near you http://boatlaunchionic.herokuapp.com/#/map you can also add to it if you come across any others. With a 14 foot nymph you could use a rope to let the trailer down the slip so you could launch at most slipways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Just googled to model there, she's quite popular with the angling folk and has a lot of potential to change it up to your own preferences i.e. centre console steering, larger engine etc. and probably a great all round family boat to potter around in. I'd say you wouldn't need a Jeep to haul her around, maybe a good diesel car with a tow bar?
    If you've no experience in using a power boat I would highly recommend calling around to your nearby yacht or sailing club and maybe asking about a short course on it? A little knowledge goes a long way with a brilliant little boat like that to have endless fun!
    All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Knowledge isnt an issue as Im a training officer in a river rescue team, but my lil boat wont work where I operate. Its finding somewhere to go.
    Re the jeep, my car will have no problem towing it its slippy slipways im concerned about.

Advertisement