Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming build

Options
  • 23-04-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can you fill this out please?

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Core i5 6600K: €235
    BeQuiet CPU Cooler Dark Rock Pro 3: €50
    MSI Z170A Motherboard: €130
    8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM: €40
    2TB Seagate Barricuda: €70
    Samsung EVO 850 256GB SSD(can bump up to more): €90
    NZXT H440 Case: €130
    GPU (will explain below)
    XFX TS Series 650W PSU: €70
    Windows OS: €110 legit or €40 from sites like Kinguin etc.
    Keyboard: Take a look around at these. I don't know if you want clicky, loud, mechanical or RGB keyboards. I currently use the Steelseries Apex M800 andI love it (got it in sale though, as it is expensive)
    Mouse: I use the Steelseries Rival 300 and am very satisfied. The Rival 700 looks good for that extra thumb button and vibration support.
    Monitor: Acer has an IPS 1440P monitor for around €165 at Scan.co.uk
    Total: €810+ GPU, Monitor, Peripherals
    June will see the launch of new GPUs from AMD and nVidia, so hold out until then. If they don't perform as good as the current flagships, I recommend buying the Fury X or the 980Ti.

Advertisement