Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presentation Secondary School Choir on BGT

Options
  • 23-04-2016 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Well?

What did we/ye all think then?

Having seen the shorter, preview clip on the Daily Edge during the week I was already impressed & expecting a lot but having seen them "live" tonight I was utterly blown away.

PPs have them at 25s to win it (E.W. is 1/5th the Odds for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place); worth a cheeky fiver?

They have to step it up a level now though & that's a big ask though I know they won a Choir of the Year at a Fleadh/Feis Cheoil (or was it the All Ireland Choir Competition presented by Anne Cassin?) so maybe it's not that big a leap in what I presume will be the semi-finals?

Anyway if ye missed it or want to watch it again here's the full 4 minute version of "Adiemus" (Lion King was it?) > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL2rge0RYBg

Comments

I suppressed my dislike of Simon Cowell and all things associated with him and watched it last night and I thought the girls were brilliant. Actually I thought they were way too good for the show as a lot of the other acts were tacky variety-show stuff. It's a great experience for them and great publicity for the Pres. Hope they do well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I guess this means that Britain doesn't have talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

They were okay, but have zero chance of winning it. They won't hold anyone's attention past the next performance.

Their appearance on a show with that name suggests that the school is not strong on history and geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The sword swallower is the guy whom I think will win.

Here is the Presentation school choir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

interesting performance, on the one hand relying on a gimmick of bending a bit probably wont last very long unless they have some tricks up their sleeves, but saying that it worked and it turned what would have been an average performance into a good one. The choir leader has bags of personality as well, best of luck to them

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I hear the school is being renamed Her Majesty's Presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The quicker they are booted out the better, sick of hearing about them and there crappy bending.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Great publicity for them even if they don't win :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The quicker they are booted out the better, sick of hearing about them and there crappy bending.

I'm delighted for them, living the dream before the reality of adulthood sets in.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

The choir will be on the late late next week..friday 6th May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

They're through to the semi finals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Well done and feck the begrudgers.

They're performing on Thursday nights semi final :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I think they have a serious identity crisis!
    How can an Irish school enter a comp' entitled 'Britain's Got Talent'
    Shouldn't be allowed!

Starting now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Great performances - very well done.

Lots of teeth whitening done on the girls too it seems - yow.

Their Irish vote number is 1514711009.

I voted twice...

Great performance - very proud of them!! Come on KK folk - give them a vote :)

• Advertisement

Can't get through on mobile but did on landline. Absolutely brilliant performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I think they have a serious identity crisis!
    How can an Irish school enter a comp' entitled 'Britain's Got Talent'
    Shouldn't be allowed!
    It was actually the other way around, BGT approached them asking if they wanted to take part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

It is sad the comments, great for the school and the city, well done girls and those who supported you, as for the other lot, get a life, foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Vote cast! Thought they were really good...and if ya can't support your own who would ya support:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Awww..well done though to get that far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Great performance !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Did well considering the sort of people who vote in these things don't vote for choirs usually.

Have to say I won't miss having to sit through another programme. 'Talent' my arse, that impressionist fella who won was utterly crap.

They can be proud of themselves - they did brilliantly especially considering they wouldn't have the same support as the British acts. Well done Veronica and girls. It's a great experience for them - something they will treasure for the rest of their lives.

They did great for themselves and for us.

I hope the very bendy people make the final, they were robbed last night.

• Advertisement

Such a shame they didn't get through but hopefully they get picked as a wild card. It's definitely given them more coverage in Britain and Ireland so it can only get better for them

Advertisement