Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer/Temporary Work in Cork

Options
  • 24-04-2016 2:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am studying abroad and may be back in Cork city for a few months during the summer. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where I might find some temporary work.

Is the job centre in Cork of any use? I went to one in England recently and they didn't even advertise any bloody jobs - all done online. The guy at the job centre told me to look for job listings in the library. :confused::D

I would prefer to do general office/ admin work or would be willing to do something more hands on even- moving furniture etc.

Not sure where to start though. Don't have any real contacts to find something and the time is moving on.

Any suggestions or if anyone has similar experience, then it would be good to hear from you.

Failing finding paid work, I think I will try volunteering instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Best beat is something in the hospitality industry for the summer as in city at the moment i can say maybe 20 + places are looking for them as the places would just stick something on the window.

To be fair them jobs are not the worst thing in the world to be doing i grow up in the industry and worked in it from i was 14 to 23 and at times i do miss it.

Its a job that will take you 2 weeks to learn but a few years to master so you be fine for the summer doing it and if your ever stuck for work in the years to come once you have a bit of exp in it. Its something you can fall back on

Advertisement