Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me gaming PC build

Options
  • 24-04-2016 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi guys. I want to build my first pc so I got my hands on a Dell Dimension 9200 shell (I love em for the space they provide😂). Now it's literally a shell. I'm hoping to run Project Reality on this PC maxed out. Can someone list everything a need to run it maxed out, and nothing more? I'm not lazy I've tried searching around and just don't understamd what I need nor where to get the best deals. Thanks in advance :)

1. What is your budget? Cheap as possible but about €400 ( Paramedic training is expensive!)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet]: Gaming and internet
    Games: Company of heroes, battlefield 2, project reality, arma, bad company 2

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility) No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Not sure and yes

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] all of the above

9. When are you purchasing? Not sure

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Ennis Co.Clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you the minimum specs for Project Reality? All the ones I see are like 5 years old

i3 6100 €120
    B150 board €60
    8gb RAM €40
    GTX 750Ti €130
    500w PSU €60
    1tb HDD €50
    Total €450

You have the case do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheGunRunner

Processor: 2.4 GHz
    * Memory: 2 Gb (4 Gb if using Windows® Vista)
    * Video Card: Video Card with at least 512 MB of RAM
    * Sound Card: Creative EAX 4.0 compliant sound card (Audigy 2, X-Fi series)

That is indeed five years old but it hasn't changed that much since 2010, yup I have the case

Ah sound It'll fly on that PC, I just have to look into the case though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Case may not be compatible, or PSU depending.

Because the base game as well is so old, it's single core only.

I can't remember the exact spec of the PC I was running it on (it would have been decent), but about a year ago I was running at maxed out and I was only getting about 30fps on the urban maps.

It's a BTX case so you'll need a different case, I suppose adding €30-40 on will fit one. Aside from going second hand you can't go cheaper on this PC I'm afraid

• Advertisement
Advertisement