Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the UK

Options
  • 24-04-2016 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Me, the wife and 4 kids are currently living in New Zealand but are thinking about moving closer to home. I can probably find work easier in the UK for now so we are thinking about there over Ireland. Can anyone recommend anywhere that would be good for a family with decent transport links to Ireland. I have a friend in Solihul that says it is a decent place. Edinburgh also sounds nice. Any recommendations on anywhere are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I realised I spelt Edinburgh wrong in my post but I cant find the edit button in this new layout.
    Edit: Found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Edinburgh and Bristol always seems to be the two places that get recommended the most. From Edinburgh you can fly direct to Knock as well as Dublin just in case you're heading that way very handy for the wife's family in Mayo it actually takes her less time to get to her parents now than it did from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

FWIW, Edinburgh will soon be flying to Shannon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

razorblunt wrote: »
    FWIW, Edinburgh will soon be flying to Shannon too.

That's handy! Do you know who has that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

jimmii wrote: »
    That's handy! Do you know who has that route?

Stobart / Air Lingus, I think it's due to start next month. I know Ryanair were on the route years ago, but Aer Arann bought the 'franchise' for it and Cork so I think it might be a bit closed doors. Not too bad though if you get in for flights early,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Me, the wife and 4 kids are currently living in New Zealand but are thinking about moving closer to home. I can probably find work easier in the UK for now so we are thinking about there over Ireland. Can anyone recommend anywhere that would be good for a family with decent transport links to Ireland. I have a friend in Solihul that says it is a decent place. Edinburgh also sounds nice. Any recommendations on anywhere are welcome.

Somewhere in Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

LordSutch wrote: »
    Somewhere in Northern Ireland?

Don't be silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Well the OP did say "Can anyone recommend anywhere that would be good for a family with decent transport links to Ireland". Northern Ireland is the closest part of the UK to us here, is it not? (No Ferry or flight costs either).

Advertisement