Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net email down?

Options
  • 24-04-2016 11:02am
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I know it's ancient but I've continued to use this email address for a number of years. Last night my phone prompted me to input a password to retrieve emails but it kept rejecting it. I thought might be an overnight glitch but the same this morning and also on my laptop, this is the error I get on my laptop...

"There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “***” or try again.

The server returned the error: POP user name “******@eircom.net” unrecognized."

Is this a technical issue or is there something I can do to fix this? I am awaiting some urgent emails tomorrow!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Leave 
    "@eircom.net" out of the username field

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jd wrote: »
    Leave 
    "@eircom.net" out of the username field
    Excellent, thank you - doing that on the eir webmail page also sorted out downloading to the laptop email, without making any other change! Try my phone next...

Working alright on the laptop but not on my phone (Samsung S5).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Do you have the old or new webmail. If it's the new use imap. . Server is webmail.eircom.net. other thing to look for re sending mail is not to use auth for smtp , user port 25, and server name is mail1.eircom.net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Scubadevils, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having. The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1800 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) or webmaster@eir.ie 

They'll assist you with this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Scubadevils, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having. The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1800 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) or webmaster@eir.ie 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    It's no longer working on my laptop or when I try login via the eir website. I tried to call the above number and it goes through to what sounds like a fax machine?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi Scubadevils, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    It's no longer working on my laptop or when I try login via the eir website. I tried to call the above number and it goes through to what sounds like a fax machine?!
    Hi there, I am very sorry to hear this. For the best support on this I would recommend contacting the web support team on 01-7010354 or at wmsupport@eir.ie & they can troubleshoot this further with you. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Scubadevils, 

You might have meant 1890 there no? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

ED E wrote: »
    Hi Scubadevils, 

You might have meant 1890 there no? 
    Apologies for this, Tracey must have made a typo however the 01-7010354 is an option also. Thanks Stacey

Advertisement