Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate to Portrane coastal walk

Options
  • 24-04-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭

Only just discovered this, but it was closed off at both ends. Anyone know what the problem is? I couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It has been 'closed' for some time now. I've heard part of the walk has sub-sided but I haven't gone beyond the signage myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

It has been 'closed' for some time now. I've heard part of the walk has sub-sided but I haven't gone beyond the signage myself.
    I did the whole walk myself and didn't see any obvious problems or even signs of repairs after problems like subsidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It looks like they are going to move the path inside the field to the side of the existing path. Some preliminary work has begun (poles, ropes etc.). It won't be the same as walking on the actual coastal path. :(

Advertisement