Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent emails and BOI's (lack of) approach.

Options
  • 24-04-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

Hi there.

Last couple of months Ms jou's mailbox got flooded with fraudulent emails claiming to be from BOI. Obviously she didn't open them nor tried to  click any dodgy links etc.

Just forwarded them straight away to BOI's Security email.

She used to get a reply saying her email has been received and will be looked at.

Now she sees no reply - the question is why? IMO it's a good custom to send a reply just to make a customer aware that their emails are not going to a black  hole or something like.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

I have received similar a number of times, never open just send to spam.

"Bank of lreland"My Inbox (1 new)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

joujoujou wrote: »
    Hi there.

Last couple of months Ms jou's mailbox got flooded with fraudulent emails claiming to be from BOI. Obviously she didn't open them nor tried to  click any dodgy links etc.

Just forwarded them straight away to BOI's Security email.

She used to get a reply saying her email has been received and will be looked at.

Now she sees no reply - the question is why? IMO it's a good custom to send a reply just to make a customer aware that their emails are not going to a black  hole or something like.

Thank you.
    Hi joujoujou,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We'd like to assure you all fraud emails sent to our security team are fully investigated. You should certainly be receiving an auto-reply to confirm your email has been received. We'll have this checked out this morning and many thanks for letting us know.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

What is the address please that fraudulent emails should be forwarded to? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

LynnGrace wrote: »
    What is the address please that fraudulent emails should be forwarded to? 
    Hi LynnGrace, 

Please forward any spam or phishing email that claims to be from Bank of Ireland to 365security@boi.com and then delete the email. Please don't click any links in the fraudulent email. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah. I have been receiving them for ages. My spam filter usually catches them, and I just delete them. I never open mails like that. Thanks for email address, I will forward the one I received today. 

• Advertisement

Just want to check please if that is still the address to which fraudulent emails should be forwarded.
    Thank you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Just want to check please if that is still the address to which fraudulent emails should be forwarded.
    Thank you. 
    Hi LynnGrace,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Yes, the email address to forward phishing texts / emails is still 365security@boi.com.

Many thanks,

Richie

Advertisement