Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18650 Batteries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dragona wrote: »
    I bought two Aspire batteries http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/658-aspire-icr-18650-2500mah-battery.html

Do they need a few cycles of charging/discharging/usage before they hold fully? I thought they would last longer than they are:eek:

Buy the 5ah batteries. They last much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Those batteries should be plenty enough for any mod. Charge them up full before use of course ... what mod and how long did they actually last? I have Sony VTC 4 & 5s and I don't get much time out of them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Which ones would they be?

Those batteries should be plenty enough for any mod. Charge them up full before use of course ... what mod and how long did they actually last? I have Sony VTC 4 & 5s and I don't get much time out of them tbh

Yes well my Pico;) Last about a day and a half so far, used to get at least three days out of my Istick 30w.

Yes well my Pico;) Last about a day and a half so far, used to get at least three days out of my Istick 30w.

Wow! I'd love to get that long from my Pico! :D

You're using a more powerful device, maybe you're using a more demanding tank? Like the Melo II that it comes with?

• Advertisement

No I'm sticking to my GS Air! at the moment :)) I only have 12mg juice and can't vape that at 50w!!

No, I wouldn't fancy that :D

I don't find any of the batteries I have last very long at all. I'm constantly switching them out, always have back ups on charge. I get a few hours mas some days from fully charged ones. Doesn't seem to matter what make or mah they are. You could try other batteries for yourself and compare, but I don't imagine there will be a lot of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Which ones would they be?

I get them on eBay for head torches. Just longer lasting than the 2.5ah

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

I get a day out of that battery. IStick tc60w at 11-13w, about 6mls a day with a GS Air.

Check your charger - I was charging with a 2 amp charger and the battery life was dissappointing. When I switched to a 1 amp charger, performance was much better after a couple of charge cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

For me I'm getting the best runtime out of the Samsung 3000mah 30Q's. These will run and last a long time as long as not pushed past 20 amps but even if they are they have been shown to be very safe.

These can be purchased in the EU from good reputable vendors (all things being equal and they're getting good stock at the time but the world is full of shadiness!). At under €6 a pop it's the best price/power/safe for me anyhow.

Always do your homework - there are lots of very good in-depth tests on various battery's online.

• Advertisement

8mm wrote: »
    For me I'm getting the best runtime out of the Samsung 3000mah 30Q's.

These can be purchased in the EU from good reputable vendors (all things being equal and they're getting good stock at the time but the world is full of shadiness!).

Where? I am wary of ordering batteries - I ordered two HTC phone batteries from the UK and they were destroyed - twice!

Where? I am wary of ordering batteries - I ordered two HTC phone batteries from the UK and they were destroyed - twice!

NKON

http://eu.nkon.nl/

They carry a fair range but stock can be out on the most popular items and you have to keep a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Grougy

But beware of those prices, way too low!! Nitecore i4 for 15.95 - thats near to producent price...looks like clones for me

Gearbest 18.43$ (i cant paste the link)

Grougy wrote: »
    But beware of those prices, way too low!! Nitecore i4 for 15.95 - thats near to producent price...looks like clones for me

Gearbest 18.43$ (i cant paste the link)

Gearbest don't always have the best price or you have to trigger a "flash sale". Also remember that their "free shipping" is not really free.

If you look at prices from reputable places for the i4 you see that it's in line with them.

Amazon in US has them for $16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

8mm wrote: »
    For me I'm getting the best runtime out of the Samsung 3000mah 30Q's. These will run and last a long time as long as not pushed past 20 amps but even if they are they have been shown to be very safe.

These can be purchased in the EU from good reputable vendors (all things being equal and they're getting good stock at the time but the world is full of shadiness!). At under €6 a pop it's the best price/power/safe for me anyhow.

Always do your homework - there are lots of very good in-depth tests on various battery's online.

+1 for the 30Q's, outstanding batteries, I get a ridiculous amount of vape time from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I picked up a pair of brown LG 3000mah 18650s for less than a tenner on gearbest but i'm worried they're fake, apparently a lot of them floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I picked up a pair of brown LG 3000mah 18650s for less than a tenner on gearbest but i'm worried they're fake, apparently a lot of them floating around.

I bought 8 of them a while back myself. They're genuine. I've been using them in a mech mod at demanding levels and not a bother out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Ehh no.

The largest cell produced currently is 3600 mAh, anything larger is just a mislabeled fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Soundman wrote: »
    I bought 8 of them a while back myself. They're genuine. I've been using them in a mech mod at demanding levels and not a bother out of them.

Good to hear, the reason I thought they might be fake is that the lettering on them was slightly narrower than a pair that I got before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

To be honest, I'd say your fine but if you like to geek yourself out you could have a look at this-https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/104619270-can-you-identify-the-fake-lg-hg2-18650-battery

• Advertisement
Advertisement