Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Intrepid sea, air & space museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Intrepid sea, air & space museum.

Oh yeah I forgot to except

*Air and Space Museum
    *Guggenheim Museum
    *Empire State Building
    *Chrysler Building

I will check out the "Intrepid Sea" thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Go see a Broadway show , I'd recommend 'The Book of Mormon' as its a comedy.

Do the Circle Line Cruise , boat trip takes you the whole way around the island of Manhattan. Also you get a great view of the Statue of Liberty which you don't get if you actually visit the island itself.

Do a 'City Rover walking tour' , there's lots to chose from and very interesting.

Walk part or all of The High Line.

9/11 memorial museum

Bryant Park is nice to people watch in and it's centrally located.

Do the Big Bus Tours

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Visit the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side, but do book.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

MOMA-Museum of Modern Art

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Try Tripadvisor for ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

never been to Ennis Island myself.. strong Fianna Fail territory I'm told...

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Brooklyn is really nice, has a real hipster vibe to it. There is a huge food market in an open area with a view of Manhattan and the rooftop bars in Brooklyn have the best view of the NYC skyline.

Visit down under the Manhattan bridge overpass ''DUMBO'. It's not your average tourist spot I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

the metropolitan museum

Central Park.

The Planetarium

Natural History Museum.

The Zoo

Top Of the Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Stay in the New Yorker Hotel, get room (must be on 27th+ floor) with views. If you can book a corner room watch the morning sun rise shine and reflect between the buildings. Better still sit back with your favourite tipple and enjoy the fab night time light shows of Empire State Building to the north and Madison Gardens to the east.

Daytime, walk to Central park or hop on subway (Penn Station across the road).

For a memorable adrenaline kick, hire a car and drive anywhere around NYC etc :)

Great city - great fun but bring plenty of $$$$$$ :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Do not go to Coney Island though. It's a dump. Think of Bray and then make it 10 times worse.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do not go to Coney Island though. It's a dump. Think of Bray and then make it 10 times worse.

Shudder.

Have you been to Brookyln Zoo? Certainly worth a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

The OP didnt say they were going to New York in the 70s.

Advertisement