Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians in Kilkenny

Options
  • 24-04-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm due an eye test/new set of glasses and I'm wondering can anyone recommend an optician in Kilkenny?

There doesn't seem to be many reviews online.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Some family members go to Eyedeal in Newpark Shopping centre. Very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Couldn't pass D'ores. Excellent service and reputation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dores in high street is way to go, stay way clear from specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My parents swear by spec savers, they wouldn't go near Dores

• Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭kksaints

Dores on high street is excellent, would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Cabaal wrote: »
    Dores in high street is way to go, stay way clear from specsavers
    Why stay away from Specsavers?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Hitchens wrote: »
    Why stay away from Specsavers?

I didnt have great experiences with SpecSavers. They decided not to tell me I had an astigtism and had been giving me the wrong contact lense for years. I asked for several contact re-tests as I could never get lense sharp enough.

Got a copy of my prescription and went to Dores and it was quickly pointed out after a quick eye test I had the wrong prescription and wrong lense type.

Advertisement