Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buy cheap...

• 24-04-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Bought this set at the VJMC show last year around this time...first use last week ..a fukcng joke...the cutters on the tap just disappeared
    .....think i paid 40 quid for them...nice blue box though..��

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bought this set at the VJMC show last year around this time...first use last week ..a fukcng joke...the cutters on the tap just disappeared
    .....think i paid 40 quid for them...nice blue box though..��

Ah that would be the cheese steel then?
    I bought a set from Lidl. I think they were something similar in price, they seem OK, I haven't had to use the bigger ones yet.
    Thread stuff seems to be a case of you get what you pay for in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Ah that would be the cheese steel then?
    I bought a set from Lidl. I think they were something similar in price, they seem OK, I haven't had to use the bigger ones yet.
    Thread stuff seems to be a case of you get what you pay for in most cases.

Cheaper in Lidl and at least with yours you have a warranty,unlike Max..;):pac::D

Cheaper in Lidl and at least with yours you have a warranty,unlike Max..;):pac::D

They would if I had the bloody receipt, I have taken to sticking the receipt in the box when ever I buy something from Aldi or Lidl. that way if it does blow up or stop working I can bring it back.
    I did that today with the small grinder from Aldi, great bit of kit.
    Its a very small bench grinder with a 1m flexible shaft attached to one end and a collet that takes Dremel style accessories. the grinder itself has a polishing wheel and a small fine grinding wheel and is speed controllable which is very handy.
    35 euro, I couldn't pass it up.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They would if I had the bloody receipt, I have taken to sticking the receipt in the box when ever I buy something from Aldi or Lidl. that way if it does blow up or stop working I can bring it back.
    I did that today with the small grinder from Aldi, great bit of kit.
    Its a very small bench grinder with a 1m flexible shaft attached to one end and a collet that takes Dremel style accessories. the grinder itself has a polishing wheel and a small fine grinding wheel and is speed controllable which is very handy.
    35 euro, I couldn't pass it up
    .:pac:

Where did you get that?
    Could do with something like that myself,for drilling small holes through some carbon fibre.:)

I can get access to the confined spaces with a normal cordless screw gun.:(

Where did you get that?
    Could do with something like that myself,for drilling small holes through some carbon fibre.:)

I can get access to the confined spaces with a normal cordless screw gun.:(

Aldi have them at the moment. The flexi shaft only has a collet its not a chuck.
    drilling carbon you want to get some circuit board drills, they last a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

It's strange..I have a few US pro tools and they seem fine....maybe it's just a US pro box with cheap taps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

One of the tools I'm always promising myself is a good set of Tap and Die. Snap-on or Teng type high end ones ......

One of these days, one of these days :(:(

Advertisement