Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examination Marking

• 24-04-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am wondering about grading. Im trying to get a 2.1 overall but 2 module are quite difficult and im unsure how well I will do in them.

Last term I got 63 overall. Does that mean I have extra 18 points to use for compensation (3 x 6 modules) from this term?

Can I move up two grades (or even three) in two modules if I have left over points from other modules ie

Module 1 90% so 30 extra (90 - 60 (2.1) = 30

Module 2 80% so 20 extra

Module 3 30% Result (add 30 points from other modules)

Module 4 40% result so add 20 points from other modules to give me 2.1 average.

Thanks and I hope this is clear.

Seperatly, i have a friend who got below 30% in an exam last semester. OBviously he cant compensate this and will have to repeat but I read here (couple years old post) that if you get below 30% in one module you cant compensate any modules.

Is this still the case? In the college of Business and Law

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

As far as I know you just need to average 60 or greater over the modules from the entire year for a 2:1. If you get below 30%, or more than 10 credits below 40%, then you'll have to repeat those modules. It probably varies from course to course so best thing is to email your year coordinator or look up the marks and standards for your course online.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

As far as I know you just need to average 60 or greater over the modules from the entire year for a 2:1. If you get below 30%, or more than 10 credits below 40%, then you'll have to repeat those modules. It probably varies from course to course so best thing is to email your year coordinator or look up the marks and standards for your course online.

Cheers for the reply Paintitblack

Advertisement