Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadboard?

Options
  • 24-04-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Having trouble getting the pc to work.. At the moment I am thinking the motherboard is a dead board as the debug numbers don't light up, just the read audio light along the site the 2 CPU fans I have plugged into the CPUfan1 and 2 and they work also but the third fan is plugged into SYSFAN2 and that wouldn't work either, also the fan on the cooler doesn't run either.. Gaming card lights up also. The board is MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 by the way.. Any help or advise appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Deadpool?

But seriously, please fix all the typos in that post, its impossible to parse.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Deanp057

ED E wrote: »
    Deadpool?

But seriously, please fix all the typos in that post, its impossible to parse.

Iv put this on 3 sites and you seem to be the only one that doesn't understand it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What CPU do you have? Have you checked that it's seated/installed correctly?

Try building it outside your case - just the board, cpu installed with cooler, ram and power supply. Use a screwdriver to touch the power button pins to start it.

Dead boards do happen unfortunately. In fact my last dead board was an MSI Z97 as well and it also started up but would not post at all.

Advertisement