Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour won't reduce height of hedge to the front of our houses

Options
2»

Comments

If it provides a quick, pragmatic, accessible solution to the problem, then yes.

If it would involve significant expense, eg renting an off-site carpark, or paying extra insurance because the car is parked on-street, then no. (That said, the last time I owned a car, my insurance premium was higher because I had an off-street car-park.)

The value of discussing issues here is to provide alternatives. I make no apologies for offering a non-car-centric POV, no matter how "offensive" some may find this.

The neighbour has as much right to privacy as the OP has to park in the driveway.

This neighbor doesn't understand that she is living on a suburban street. She fancies herself living on a 100 acre estate somewhere, and has erected ridiculous trees to 'shield' her...as if anyone is interested in what a 60 year old woman is doing. Maybe she thinks she is Kim Kardashian :)

Anyway thanks to all for the suggestions. The netting is possibly the most likely. I will look into this at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

TallGlass wrote: »
    Well if you have fallen out with her, what would happen if you decided to cut it yourself? Could she do anything else other than moan about it.

She could claim for damage to property as the trees are vgrowing on her property.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

could there be a case for saying that the tree roots are too close to your house and going to cause structural damage

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

Sam Kade wrote: »
    She could claim for damage to property as the trees are vgrowing on her property.

If they are growing out into your property op, you can cut that part. I remember being told a long time ago you have to offer the clippings back to the person who's property the trees grow on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't think netting will work, those seeds can easily blow through the net and travel ..Your neighbors may be having the same problem as you from the trees.... I can't see it just being you, not if the trees are over 50 ft, even at 5 ft those seeds can travel in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I don't think netting will work, those seeds can easily blow through the net and travel ..Your neighbors may be having the same problem as you from the trees.... I can't see it just being you, not if the trees are over 50 ft, even at 5 ft those seeds can travel in the wind.

Maybe a neighbourhood petition claiming its a nuisance and bring it into the gardai or something???

Advertisement