Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Skinfold Testing and muscle measurements in Dublin?

Options
  • 24-04-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am looking for somewhere that I can regularly get the following done (by an accredited person):
    -Skin fold body fat calliper measurement
    -Muscle girth tape measurements

There is an accreditation that a physique coach can get which ensures repeatable accuracy with a calliper.
    A coach told me about it but I can't remember the name of the accreditation (ASAK or similar).

Does anyone know what that accreditation is?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The accreditation means very little. Lots of people go on lots of "accredited" courses and the pass criteria are no where near as stringent as you'd expect.

An experienced PT who has done multiple body fat measurements daily for the last 5-10 years would be a much more reliable option.

Dominic Munnelly would be an obvious one, or even any of the established guys who've done the Poliquin BioSig course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bendybones wrote: »
    There is an accreditation that a physique coach can get which ensures repeatable accuracy with a calliper.
    An accreditation doesn't ensure any of that tbh.

An accreditation just means they've done a weekend course. There's a limited amount of experience you can get in a weekend. It's a good start, but somebodt with 10 years experience, doing one a week will have much more experience.

It sounds like you are referring to the ISAK accreditation.

Advertisement