Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Steak House in Dublin City

Options
  • 24-04-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I have American friends over with me for the next week and they love their steak!.

Can anybody recommend somewhere in Dublin City that opens for lunch and is child friendly as most places that I know or have been to generally don't open until 4 or 5pm.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Any of the FXB restaurants - my favourite is Parkgate Street, but the Pembroke Street one was lovely as well.

http://www.fxbuckley.ie/locations

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 suttonboi1

Asador on Haddington road have really good barbecue steak!

FXB is a good shout too, number of locations in the city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

I've heard good things about featherblade but haven't been myself yet so not sure how child friendly it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If you're after decent Irish steak in a Dublin restaurant and don't want to break the bank the gang in Darwin's know their beans. Most Dublin restaurants are kid friendly within the hours you have there.

Portions are fairly USA too! Interior isn't great, but the staff know what they are on about and they're pleasant people too, I've been there a few times and it has a family run business vibe to it. It's not dirt cheap, but it's better than some of the fine dining establishments when it comes to beef.

Cracking big ribeye on the bone, served medium to let the fat melt and rested for a good while after cooking. Good hearty beef.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Yes I like Darwins. I wanted to go there but I dont think they open until 5. Think I am gonna go with Featherblade as I wanted to try there for while. Thanks for all recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

FXBs in Temple Bar is the winner for me.

Wasn't impressed at all by Asador or Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Not sure how child-friendly Featherblade would be to be honest. My siblings went there and preferred Darwins steaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Not sure how child-friendly Featherblade would be to be honest. My siblings went there and preferred Darwins steaks.

I agree. Look at the featherblade website, it's more like a canteen than a restaurant. Price is good but you get what you pay for and if your friends like their steaks, take them to a steakhouse. Fxb's is good and I loved Asador too.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Beeftro is probably the nicest steakhouse I've been to in Dublin. Reasonable as well.
    Nicest steak I've had was at Luna, porterhouse for two, about €100 + sides though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Decided to go to Pitbros on George Street in the end and have to say was good choice. Highly recommend, pull pork probably best I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Beeftro is probably the nicest steakhouse I've been to in Dublin. Reasonable as well.
    Nicest steak I've had was at Luna, porterhouse for two, about €100 + sides though

Beeftro is excellent! I like the steaks in Buenos Aires Grill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

athtrasna wrote: »
    I agree. Look at the featherblade website, it's more like a canteen than a restaurant. Price is good but you get what you pay for and if your friends like their steaks, take them to a steakhouse. Fxb's is good and I loved Asador too.

I wouldn't be mad on feather blade. For a place that purposely concentrates on steak and so has a limited menu as a result, the quality of the steak is not particularly great. It's not bad, but in truth I wouldn't go for an evening dinner there again, if steak was the order of the day.

FXBs wins out. Better than Buenos Aires too which was reasonably good but still not fantastic.

Marco Pierre White has a great steak too, but quite dear. Have had a decent steak in fire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Beeftro is a great option for early dining. Plus I really like how they cook their steaks. L'Gueleton do a good french style steak, and so do Ely.

I had steak a while back at MPW and it was extremely disappointing - didn't taste of much and insipidly cooked with no char. For some reason I've never been crazy on FXBs either, probably because they like to serve steak with sauce poured all over it rather than on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Decided to go to Pitbros on George Street in the end and have to say was good choice. Highly recommend, pull pork probably best I ever had.

Mmm, not really a steakhouse though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

dudara wrote: »
    Beeftro is a great option for early dining. Plus I really like how they cook their steaks. L'Gueleton do a good french style steak, and so do Ely.

I had steak a while back at MPW and it was extremely disappointing - didn't taste of much and insipidly cooked with no char. For some reason I've never been crazy on FXBs either, probably because they like to serve steak with sauce poured all over it rather than on the side.
    Actually yes, Ely is a good call, forgot about it, do a very nice steak too.

Don't think I've ever had a steak on FXB with sauce smothered on it... You must have ordered off the peasants menu :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Actually, a bit further out, but The Chop House is definitely up there with the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Actually, a bit further out, but The Chop House is definitely up there with the best of them.

I have to say that The Chop House doesn't even serve the best steak on Bath Ave not to mind one of the best in Dublin. It's sitting on laurels from 5 years ago but across 3 diffrent experiences so far this year all I have seen is very poorly cooked meat across fillet and porterhouse/Tbone cuts. Their fish tasting plate is a great starter and they do a mean lamb rump.

If it's not clear, the Old Spot across the road beats it hands down as far as steak is concerned although I think the Old Spot does some much better dishes - the venison, beetroot dish they had on a month or so ago was so sublime I had to have it 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Marco Pierre White steakhouse was good, years since in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,995 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was in the butcher grill in ranelagh last weekend and was excellent, recommended.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement