Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Call; Video from gCaptain

Options
  • 24-04-2016 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

What ye think of this?

I can't fathom why there are lads rushing forward; if their was a collision; I wouldn't want to be up there!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Similar to this which did result in a collision

[IMG][/img]026_zpsas5bxtiu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

islanderre wrote:
    I can't fathom why there are lads rushing forward; if their was a collision; I wouldn't want to be up there!!!

Probably rushing forward to clear the anchors to let them go as a last resort, cowboys Ted. Nearby VTS would have picked them up & told port state control to tear them a new discharge valve for getting into such a mess..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Needs lessons from the Japanese

bit of precision skill from this crew :

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

islanderre wrote: »

The lads are rushing forward to be in position to assess the damage immediately, if there is a collision. Is it above or below the waterline, how much water is she taking on etc.?

Advertisement