Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are adds so BIG?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

An add takes up about 1/3 of my screen. Why does it have to be sooooo big? I find them intrusive.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

so you can accidentally click on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Sometimes I'd swear the ads are intentionally ultra-sensitive to touch. The amount of times I "accidentally" open ads when trying to scroll past them is a bit ridiculous. Particularly in comparison to how often I accidentally open other boards pages/topics/users etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    Sometimes I'd swear the ads are intentionally ultra-sensitive to touch. The amount of times I "accidentally" open ads when trying to scroll past them is a bit ridiculous. Particularly in comparison to how often I accidentally open other boards pages/topics/users etc.

Several threads on this over the last year (at least) without any resolution in sight. A mod will be along soon to tell you it's all your fault.

That 'Fade Street Social' ad is the latest nuisance ad. Opening up at least once out of every three times it appears on a page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its done so you subscribe to boards and have no ads.*

* may/may not be true;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

It is getting ridiculous, only site where adds are constantly "accidentally" clicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The irony...

:)

Advertisement