Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to curl straight hair ?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 7:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Even the ends? Its long,straight and red,as straight as it comes. Often thought I'd like curls,even towards the ends,for a few days even ? Has anyone here succeeded ?. Thoughts appreciated, thanks ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Even the ends? Its long,straight and red,as straight as it comes. Often thought I'd like curls,even towards the ends,for a few days even ? Has anyone here succeeded ?. Thoughts appreciated, thanks ☺

I've tried many ways over the years, none lasted more than a few hours. God curls and a metric ton of hairspray worked best for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

GHD or a curling wand are the only ways I can get my fine, poker-straight hair to hold a curl. And plenty of hairspray.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A wand will curl my hair but I've to hold each piece on it for so long to get the curl to take that it wrecks my hair so I tend not do it very often.

A curly blow-dry is really the only way to get my hair to curl the way I like it (nice, loose curls) but even then it won't last longer than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The rotating brush type heated stylers are brilliant for this. Products are very important too though, to 'prime' the hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

A Ceramic wand would be my suggestion, and experiment with product too.

The problem is your hair is probably in too good condition. I used to have this issue with my naturally very dark hair, but since I started going blonde (aka ruining it!) then it would take a curl no problem.

Currently growing the damaged hair out and returning to my darker roots, so I'll have this curling problem to look forward to again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I use the babyliss curler. The one that sucks in the hair and releases a curl. This lasts all day and my hair is shoulder length. It's the best curler I have ever used.

Advertisement