Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of recording channels

Options
  • 25-04-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have just started with eir vision and I am a little confused about the number of channels you can watch/record at the same time. I thought that you can record two and watch one, but when i have two recordings overlapping it doesn't let me watch live TV (or add a third one). Should it be working like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

jdelis wrote: »
    I have just started with eir vision and I am a little confused about the number of channels you can watch/record at the same time. I thought that you can record two and watch one, but when i have two recordings overlapping it doesn't let me watch live TV (or add a third one). Should it be working like that?
    Hi jdelis, 

I'm afraid you can only record one programme at a time and watch the television service. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

According to here : https://www.eir.ie/tv/equipment-features you should be able to record 2 and watch 1.

Record 2, watch 1
    As well as watching one channel while recording another, you can also enjoy the ability to record two different channels at once while watching another recorded show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

ah scratch that, the devil is in the detail, and the phrasing of the advertising I guess ;)

you can also enjoy the ability to record two different channels at once while watching another recorded show

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

Thanks jaggiebunnetthis is what I have read and thought about that you can watch (anything) as you are recording two. I consider the title "Record 2, watch 1" quite misleading to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I do apologise for the inconvenience on this. I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant team in relation to this. Stacey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

I have heard recently that eir will be changing their TV box soon, with a more advanced one. In my opinion it looks quite outdated comparing to the competition and doesn't do justice to a quite decent and affordable product. Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jdelis wrote: »
    I have heard recently that eir will be changing their TV box soon, with a more advanced one. In my opinion it looks quite outdated comparing to the competition and doesn't do justice to a quite decent and affordable product. Any update on this?
    Hi  jdelis,

Thanks for getting in touch :)
    Unfortunately we have no further information on this at the minute.

-Pamela 

Advertisement