Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a car in Sligo

Options
  • 25-04-2016 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I'm looking for suggestions on where to sell a car in Sligo. I'm wondering if any used car places would buy it off me. It's a 2006 7-seater, with a dent in one of the doors, and I'm having no luck listing it on DoneDeal. I'm not looking for a new car, so I'm not interested in any trade-in offers, just if anyone knows of a garage or whatever in Sligo that might buy it off me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm looking for suggestions on where to sell a car in Sligo. I'm wondering if any used car places would buy it off me. It's a 2006 7-seater, with a dent in one of the doors, and I'm having no luck listing it on DoneDeal. I'm not looking for a new car, so I'm not interested in any trade-in offers, just if anyone knows of a garage or whatever in Sligo that might buy it off me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lower the price clean car take 10 good photos and give a good description and re advertise you will get buttons off any garage or shady dealer. Nct if doesnt have any have it looking well should sell for the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Lower the price clean car take 10 good photos and give a good description and re advertise you will get buttons off any garage or shady dealer. Nct if doesnt have any have it looking well should sell for the right price.
    As above, and if you are one of the lowest priced on donedeal you will get calls, make sure to bump it at the right time, as in 12:50 on a friday afternoon when you can take calls and people are free to look at it, offer to meet them anywhere, I once sold a car to a lad in Killarney, met him in Gort and bussed it home.
    I was offered 1K on a trade in on my 07 Passat of a dealer for one of those Dacia Dusters, they have no mark up on them so I was not surprised one bit. There is a car wash down where the bowling alley was that do a really good job, inc wheels for 7 euro, and get loads of pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

Thanks for the advice. It's NCT'd until next year, the car is clean, inside and out, with good pictures. I've lowered the price when I re-listed it, but at this stage, I just want a garage to take it off my hands for a somewhat "decent" price.

Maybe a garage will try and sell
    it for you if you leave it with them. They would probably want a commission from the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thanks for the advice. It's NCT'd until next year, the car is clean, inside and out, with good pictures. I've lowered the price when I re-listed it, but at this stage, I just want a garage to take it off my hands for a somewhat "decent" price.
    How much is the annual road tax,does the timing belt need replacing, is it petrol or diesel?
    Just 3 things that will slow down or stall a sale altogether.
    Same goes for garage sales, so dealers will want a big cut if it's hard to flog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

First of all what car, year, tax,nct and price:)I think then it will be easier to say something

if you want rid that quick and easy you may as well take it to auction and put a low reserve on it, you will not get a price anywhere close to the lowest on done deal by going to a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Post up a link to advert op we can help.

There a part on boards where they let you post a ad also. Put up here and we can see if anything could be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

red sean wrote: »
    How much is the annual road tax,does the timing belt need replacing, is it petrol or diesel?
    €710, no, and petrol. It's also an automatic.
    loki7777 wrote: »
    First of all what car, year, tax,nct and price:)I think then it will be easier to say something
    2006 Hyundai Trajet, NCT until January 2017, and the medium price on DoneDeal seems to be around €1500-€1900 for similar vehicles, so somewhere around there.
    bennyc wrote: »
    if you want rid that quick and easy you may as well take it to auction and put a low reserve on it, you will not get a price anywhere close to the lowest on done deal by going to a dealer.
    I hadn't thought of auctions, thanks. I'll look into them. It seems there's one every Saturday on Pearse Road. So a dealer might only offer a couple of hundred, if that?

its going to be a hard sale as people are allergic to anything petrol and pre 08 ,although it is a 7 seater and 06 so there will be a buyer for it .
    I would drop it below 1500 as in 1499 to make it fall into the search criteria of under 1500 leave it there a few days and keep dropping by 100 until you get a few bites,
    if you want it gone quick 999 and no offers, also I see people put in no texts etc, I would accept smoke signals tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I'd go along with benny on that.
    You'll do well to get €750 unfortunately. Done Deal is full of dreamers who think their car is worth a fortune, so not a great yardstick for prices. That type car is really a niche market.
    However, the car is worth what someone will pay for it, so you could be lucky.

Advertisement