Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gripe water in Dublin/Kildare?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I have a baby who suffers awfully with trapped wind and infacol just doesn't help. Does anyone know of a chemist in Dublin or Kildare which sells gripe water?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

yellow hen wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have a baby who suffers awfully with trapped wind and infacol just doesn't help. Does anyone know of a chemist in Dublin or Kildare which sells gripe water?

You'll have to go up north for the proper stuff, can't get it in the Republic afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

yellow hen wrote: »

My youngest is seven, so I am out of date. I do not think the original formula is available in the south. I used to get it across the border but I think even that was not the real deal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Pharmacy in Greenfield shopping centre has it.
    It is pretty easy to get now that they have changed the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The Pharmacy in Greenfield shopping centre has it.
    It is pretty easy to get now that they have changed the formula.

I knew it was available on the south but tried several chemists yest to no avail. Thanks moonbeam, I'll run over this morning to get it. Poor baby is doubled in pain :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you are stuck let me know and I can grab it for you on my school run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Majority of chemists sell it but it's the stuff with no alcohol, brand is Pharmony as far as I can remember. Had my cousin check in Belfast for proper stuff and you can't get it there any more either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

Try fennel tea also, my son had it really bad when he was younger and a Polish mam told me to give him cool fennel tea, very good for the digestive system. Seemed to help him a bit and he grew out of it soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If you are stuck let me know and I can grab it for you on my school run.

That's really kind of you, thanks! I flew in earlier today and got it. Let's hope it helps now......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

The McCabes and Lloyds pharmacies sell it now too.
    I bought it online for my daughter as you couldn't get it in Ireland then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

The McCabes and Lloyds pharmacies sell it now too.
    I bought it online for my daughter as you couldn't get it in Ireland then.

Unfortunately it's not the same!

There is a chemist in clondalkin that can get it apparently but you can also order it on amazon uk.

I concur with fennel tea however it's brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Unfortunately it's not the same!

There is a chemist in clondalkin that can get it apparently but you can also order it on amazon uk.

I concur with fennel tea however it's brilliant

That sucks. I bought mine in Amazon and it worked a treat. Never tried the fennel tea but will keep it in mind should I need it for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

I have three unopened bottles. Expiration date may 2016 if you want them. I'm in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got the Pharmony stuff in Boots no bother. It's helped us a bit so far, and I have a very windy little bundle here (mainly gas!).
    Yellow Hen, you're breastfeeding, are you? I've been told in my group to drink fennel tea because apparently it helps a lot with the wind.It can also increase your supply (just so you know).

Advertisement