Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on shipping 3 boxes from Dublin to London

Options
  • 25-04-2016 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm looking to ship 3 medium sized moving boxes, each under 20kg with just some excess clothes and doodads.

Does anyone have a reliable, not extremely expensive company they've used or know?

Some quotes I've received are absolutely ridiculous for just 3 boxes (500 euros and over). Help is appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Freek wrote: »
    I'm looking to ship 3 medium sized moving boxes, each under 20kg with just some excess clothes and doodads.

Does anyone have a reliable, not extremely expensive company they've used or know?

Some quotes I've received are absolutely ridiculous for just 3 boxes (500 euros and over). Help is appreciated! :)
    cheaper to rent a car, pay for petrol and go by car and ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Since we are not Irish, we have sent regularly boxes here and we are using this company:
    https://www.teahousetransport.com/en
    Cheap, reliable, online order and quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try the London or Living Abroad fora

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

send it on a pallet. a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

One of delivery without the account will be expensive there are companies who open accounts with dhl or ups or whoever and forward your stuff through them. Google them (I can't remember the names) and they should be cheaper. We use quite a few different transport companies and I found DSV to be the cheapest for what we need. But again I don't know what the pricing is if you don't have an account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

At risk of stating the blooming obvious- have you considered using An Post?
    They are happy to ship crates of up to 20kg in weight (subject to meeting dimension rules) for 55 Euro a crate (to the UK). That's significantly less than the quote you've told us about.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

www.parcel2go.com should find you the cheapest rate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

https://www.worldbox.ie/

Boxes available in Topaz patrol stations anc can be dropped off at any Topaz. €40 per 20 KG box to the UK.

Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

try shiply, also an post as mentioned... could you not throw all of the contents into a suitcase and simply take them over on plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've used Sendmybag several times to ship boxes to and from UK and have found them very reliable. You can usually find discount codes online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

I used a company I got a quote from through bookavan.ie

I shipped 10 boxes , telly and 3 suitcases for 330 to england from Dublin. Picked up on a friday and was in yorkshire by Sunday morning. Its a shared van so the cost is shared with everyone else

If you want his number to get a quote send me a pm

Advertisement