Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much can you increase your GPA in one year?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im currently in second year, I have one year left. So exams this summer, next christmas and next summer. Im wondering what is the lowest I can get this year and still get a first next year?
    My GPA is currently 3.23 but I have a feeling these exams now wont go so well and Im hoping to graduate with a first next year.. Might that be completely out of the question based on how I do on these exams or could the situation be salvageable?

I dont really understand the system. What is the lowest GPA I can finish this year with and still get a first next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

You could finish with 3.2 this year and it would still be technically possible. Granted, it means you have to get roughly 12 A+ grades next year to work out at a 3.7 (I think a first is 3.67) average overall. This is for arts/humanities, so other subjects would be different again.

Advertisement