Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural gas connection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

snubbleste wrote: »
    Which parts of Galway have a connection to natural gas?
    All the website mentions is GalwayCity http://www.gasnetworks.ie/en-IE/Get-Connected/Can-I-get-gas/#info-galway
    Has it crossed the Corrib?
    It has. Only newer housing estates are connected.
    I know Rosan Glas in Rahoon is connected to the gas network - friend of mine used to have a house there.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has it crossed the Corrib?

I'd a chat with gas networks chap and he told me the following;

Typically the pipeline makes a beeline for high commercial users, so its connected to the salthill hotel, westwood, clybaun hotel.

If the pipeline passes the road in front of your door then your in luck, otherwise its unlikely to be laid to your area due to costs of getting it there.

Newer estates are all pre-piped so they can hook up at the estate entrance and tap into dozens of houses in one connection.

Older areas with no piping are unlikely to ever get connected, they are too spread out, cost of laying pipes is too high.

Advertisement