Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox power brick orange light - help!

Options
  • 25-04-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I recently had an orange (standby) light on my Xbox 360e power supply which when I looked it up could be the fan in the power brick needing cleaned. Being lazy I bought a brand new power brick for Xbox but when plugging it in had the orange standby light also even though brand new! Tried charging it and using different sockets but to no avail. Have three very sad kids at the mo and no idea what might be wrong. Any help/suggestions much appreciated 😊.
    Jonathan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Jonandjess wrote: »
    Hi I recently had an orange (standby) light on my Xbox 360e power supply which when I looked it up could be the fan in the power brick needing cleaned. Being lazy I bought a brand new power brick for Xbox but when plugging it in had the orange standby light also even though brand new! Tried charging it and using different sockets but to no avail. Have three very sad kids at the mo and no idea what might be wrong. Any help/suggestions much appreciated 😊.
    Jonathan

Did you check all the connections? Take everything out of the console and put them all back one by one then hold down the Xbox button on the console and see if it works.

Where did you get the power brick? I know someone looking to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jonandjess

Hi yes have tried all those. Not sure what else to do as thought original power brick needed cleaning out but this new power brick is doing exactly the same! Got it on amazon by the way 😊

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ensure sure that all cables are plugged in tight, from the wall to the power box, and from the power box to the 360.

Unplug all USB devices.

Check that the socket on the 360 isn't loose, i.e. where you plug it into the console may have come loose on the inside.

Check that the metal around the USB ports isn't bent out of shape, as this can cause a power short.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jonandjess

Thanks guys. Seems to be working now by holding down Xbox button after separating all cables and replugging in a different socket. Hopefully stays working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Jonandjess wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Seems to be working now by holding down Xbox button after separating all cables and replugging in a different socket. Hopefully stays working!

Glad you are sorted. That's why I mentioned holding down the button. A friend has a similar problem to you except every time I go to look at it, I get it working first go but two days later same thing lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement