Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting eir 4G anywhere

Options
  • 25-04-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Moved from an old eMobile subscription last week to a shiny new eir one, promising 4G and double the data for half the price. Waited the obligatory 24 hours for the changes to be applied and discovered that I didn't have 4G anywhere in the city center, the IFSC, or home (Finglas). Went to their shop on Henry St and got a new "4G-ready" SIM. Still no joy, and they swear blind that 4G is enabled, so it "must be [my] phone". Swapped the SIM into a 4G-compatible mi-fi I borrowed, same problem.

Trying a 3rd device today, as I'm aware how support departments work, but still no luck. It seems highly unlikely that three separate devices are having a problem, rather than that the network screwed up somehow.

So, eir representatives, what can you do for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ruairi wrote: »
    Moved from an old eMobile subscription last week to a shiny new eir one, promising 4G and double the data for half the price. Waited the obligatory 24 hours for the changes to be applied and discovered that I didn't have 4G anywhere in the city center, the IFSC, or home (Finglas). Went to their shop on Henry St and got a new "4G-ready" SIM. Still no joy, and they swear blind that 4G is enabled, so it "must be [my] phone". Swapped the SIM into a 4G-compatible mi-fi I borrowed, same problem.

Trying a 3rd device today, as I'm aware how support departments work, but still no luck. It seems highly unlikely that three separate devices are having a problem, rather than that the network screwed up somehow.

So, eir representatives, what can you do for me?
    Hi ruairi, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having. 

Can you confirm what handset you have? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ruairi

Hi ruairi, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having. 

Can you confirm what handset you have? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

I have a retail iPhone 6S.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Thanks Ruairi,

Can you advise what location you're in and we can check the 4G availability in your area.

Thanks,

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ruairi

Thanks Ruairi,

Can you advise what location you're in and we can check the 4G availability in your area.

Thanks,

Stacey

Currently in IFSC, have checked all over O'Connell St, Henry St area, Phibsborough, Glasnevin, Finglas. No 4G/LTE in any of those locations.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

ruairi wrote: »
    Thanks Ruairi,

Thanks,

Stacey

Currently in IFSC, have checked all over O'Connell St, Henry St area, Phibsborough, Glasnevin, Finglas. No 4G/LTE in any of those locations.

Thanks.
    Can you PM me your mobile number and PIN and I will check this out for you?

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Advertisement
Advertisement