Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submarine still in the Liffey?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Is the Dutch submarine still there? Does anyone know when it leaves?

I just read about it now, would like to go and see it after work but don't want to go into the city if it's not still there, and Dublin Port etc never specify leaving times, only arrival times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Cool. The brother is mad into his ships. Anyone know the best spot to head to, to have a look at it? Head down to the Point, Ringsend? Or what about the Wooden Bridge? Is the Alexandra Basin on the other side of Dublin Port?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Cool. The brother is mad into his ships. Anyone know the best spot to head to, to have a look at it? Head down to the Point, Ringsend? Or what about the Wooden Bridge? Is the Alexandra Basin on the other side of Dublin Port?
    As taken from the above link: "HNLMS Walrus which has a 6.6m / 22ft draft is berthed on the west side of Ocean Pier within Alexandra Basin." I'd say your best bet in that case is the start of Pigeon House Road around where the Poolbeg Yacht Club is. Ocean Pier would be NE of that point across the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

entropi wrote: »
    As taken from the above link: "HNLMS Walrus which has a 6.6m / 22ft draft is berthed on the west side of Ocean Pier within Alexandra Basin." I'd say your best bet in that case is the start of Pigeon House Road around where the Poolbeg Yacht Club is. Ocean Pier would be NE of that point across the river.

Spot on! Went for a gander this morning and the only place I could see it from was behind the Poolbeg Yacht Club as you suggested.

3F7289DA-7EFD-4E54-849B-648046DCFBCD.jpg

45F10FDF-CD8A-488A-9884-4EDB34491456.jpg

Hard to see against the pier wall but it's there! Apologies for picture quality but that's as good as it gets with an iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dam Dutch and their stealthy submarines :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement