Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend work experience

Options
  • 25-04-2016 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone, I'm 16 years old and I'm looking to do a weekend or two of work experience before applying for a job as I have no work experience. Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that would take me on for that short time? Your response will be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CarolineHenry

Hi Clover,
    If you are happy to work unpaid, have a look at the volunteer.ie website, as there are heaps of really good volunteering opportunities that might suit you and would provide you with more work experience.

Ask around, your friends/family might be able to let you work shadow them for a day or two?

Bring your CV with you and call in door-to-door to the local shops/restaurants/hotels/businesses etc and see if they would be willing to let you work for a few days? It might even lead to a longer term job.

Hope this helps

Advertisement