Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retin A

Options
  • 25-04-2016 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone on here have any experience of using retin A (tretinoin), I've started using it about a month ago and have not seen much difference. I know you're supposed to go through some sort of peeling/ugly stage but I have not had much peeling at all, the only thing really has been my pores seem to have gotten much bigger! I hope with continued use this gets better but at the same time I'm wondering should I stop because this side effect doesn't seem to happen very often and from some scary stories on the internet the pore issue doesn't seem to go away very easily if at all!
    Has anyone used it or is using it presently and how have you found it? I'm using it for fine lines/wrinkles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

Did you get it on prescription and from a pharmacy? If you got it online, then it might be counterfeit.
    I've used it and the results are fantastic. My pores are much smaller than before too. Unfortunately you have to go through the Freddie Kruger phase which is not for the faint-hearted.

I suggest that you see a dermatologist or go to a cosmetic clinic (I can send you some names) for a free consult. I would also recommend the range ZO - specifically their medical range which is only available under medical supervision. The product Retamax is like using Retin A.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭newuser30

Sorry just saw this now..Thanks, yes I think you may be right and it is counterfeit, God knows what Ive been putting on my face!! I bought it online, there was no way I could afford to go to doctor for it. I thought maybe it was because I have kind of oily skin and have been using aha's before using it that it didn't have much effect. I will have to go and see a dermatologist to get a proper prescription. That's great you had good results from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Retin-a is no longer recommended in the US, as its too harsh. OP you will literally feel your face in the middle of the day and will start peeling straight away. Use a glycolic acid. It is similar to Retin-a, but not as harsh.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpha-Hydrox-Lotion-177-ml/dp/B000052YM7/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1462579143&sr=1-2&keywords=glycolic+acid

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glycolic-Neutraliser-Applicator-Anti-ageing-youthful/dp/B00J2ZYPRS/ref=sr_1_6_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1462579296&sr=1-6&keywords=glycolic+acid

Your GP can give you a script for Retin-a. But it is very dated and glycolic acid is better

Some people will tell you retinols are like retin-a. It is utter BS and they aren't effective at all. Most products 'similar' to retin-a are retinals. They are completely useless.

Advertisement