Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging items Argos policy

Options
  • 25-04-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have purchased a tablet from Argos which is slow when using multiple tabs. given it has low specs. No fault with tablet.

Am I allowed to exchange this tablet with another one and pay the difference? I was reading their 30 day refund policy and some items could be "exempt" from replacement. So I don't know if I am allowed to exchange this tab.

Any comment please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

usually i think the receipt states that it's not included in the 30days return

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

this is what's written in my receipt.

I don't want refund. Looking for an exchange.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

As it's used you can't exchange it, it clearly says that on the receipt.

Ok.
    well being a slow tablet is a problem. Hope they can at least exchange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Ok.

As there is not a fault with the tablet and you have opened and used it you will not be entitled to an exchange. Who do you think would be willing to buy a second hand Tablet from argos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ok.

Because it is a device with memory, they won't exchange it for you as a "change of mind" scenario.

Ok, but being slow could be a hardware issue. They can test it as well.
    dudara wrote: »
    Because it is a device with memory, they won't exchange it for you as a "change of mind" scenario.

Being slow indicates a fault. Could be hardware issue.
    And I have purchased item which was clearly used from argos but bought it as a new. They are retailers and have the ability to pack it in its original pack
    lollsangel wrote: »
    As there is not a fault with the tablet and you have opened and used it you will not be entitled to an exchange. Who do you think would be willing to buy a second hand Tablet from argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Ok, but being slow could be a hardware issue. They can test it as well.

You just said it has low specs? I have 3 tablets in my house. The one with the lowest specs rums slower than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

And I have purchased item which was clearly used from argos but bought it as a new. They are retailers and have the ability to pack it in its original pack

If you already have all the answers why did you bother pretending to be looking for help?

Argos don't have to exchange the item unless you can prove its faulty. That said, they have an excellant returns policy and may be happy to give you store credit so it's no harm asking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You said in your op that there us no fault with the tablet and is a low spec?

Yes this was my initial interpretation of being slow.
    But after comparing my tab with my friends (which has half of specs) his is working faster. Which indicated my interpretation of low specs is invalid. Looks like the Tab is buggy after comparing to other cheap low spec tab.
    that's why I am looking for advice here
    am I clear now?
    Stheno wrote: »
    You said in your op that there us no fault with the tablet and is a low spec?

Yes this was my initial interpretation of being slow.
    But after comparing my tab with my friends (which has half of specs) his is working faster. Which indicated my interpretation of low specs is invalid. Looks like the Tab is buggy after comparing to other cheap low spec tab.
    that's why I am looking for advice here
    am I clear now?

Bring it back so

What tablet is it and how many sites are you trying to run at the same time?

It's lenovo tab.

I am trying to switch between different apps (like browser to YouTube app then back to browser) then it would take 2-3 full seconds.
    Stheno wrote: »
    Bring it back so

What tablet is it and how many sites are you trying to run at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

It kinda sounds like you bought a cheapo tablet, are now regretting it and want Argos to take the hit for your mistake. Maybe not, but that's what it sounds like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Lenovo tabs in argos are €80-€120.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Its like buying a dacia and expecting it to have the speed and refinement of a top end merc.

You have ZERO entitlement to any exchange.

FYI It was over 250 euros.

It's like buying a Skoda and expecting it to be a Skoda and not a fiat.

Good night
    VincePP wrote: »
    Lenovo tabs in argos are €80-€120.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Its like buying a dacia and expecting it to have the speed and refinement of a top end merc.

You have ZERO entitlement to any exchange.

Got it exchanged now. even staff at argos noticed my tab was slow.

Advertisement